1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The reality is that this is the team we're going to roll with until next season.

1. As many have already pointed out, we don't have any players making enough money to send out for players of interest.
    2. MDA's lameduck status makes it a bit weirder to go out and acquire any player of significance. I don't know how to properly describe it but Tilman would probably rather roll with what we have right now than to provide any kind of meaningful help to MDA's last season, especially if it means paying significant luxury tax.
    3. Morey's probably burnt out from this entire year and with the handcuff of not having enough assets and/or player contracts to deal, he'll pray that the buyout market will be better. Which brings me to this:

I don't think any buyout candidates, if bought out, probably won't land here. Not because of the China stuff or whatever, but there are so many teams out there in contention right now that buyout player A could pick how they would like to spend a few months in 2020--going to a contending team without ownership drama or going to a contending team with said drama.

snowconeman22, topfive and da_juice like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Westbrook + Capela + Sefolosha for some combination of Vucevic, Fournier, Ross, Bamba, Aminu?

Westbrook and Capela for some combo of Raptors? How about Lowry, Siakam, Boucher? Ibaka, Powell, VanVleet?

These are the quality of trades we're going to have to consider if we trade Westbrook in the current situation. And there has to be a reason for the other team to consider them.

#542 napalm06, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would swap Jrue for Russ in a heartbeat

da_juice likes this.
  6. Chamillionaire

Can someone post the article?

7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

why would you wanna downgrade point guards?

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Downgrade? Jrue is MUCH better player next to James and in this system. Won't happen though. Pels can get more

da_juice and BigggReddd like this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol what makes you think he's MUCH better player next to Harden?

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vb6q3va

Pretty spookey how close that is to matching salaries. The chances for the rockets to get a New Franchise player with James when or if he bolts(Hoping he doesnt bolt). Also it fills the needs the rockets really have Morris, and Portis with Harden. I personally would pull this.

It would probably of a bit anger harden, but you can see the possibilities. If this does happen, its because management doesnt think it can get passed LA, with Westbrook. Also it means the rockets may or may not be done with harden, and dont see him as a player who can get the rockets passed the hump in the playoffs, which he really hasnt, and we have had him for 8 seasons? I mean the guy is a scoring god, but he the guy that can carry you to the finals. He has gotten the rockets to 2 west finals and 2 semis, So he has been really really good. Thats why i hope he would stay around, and even take a less contract with RJ.

Also if the rockets are pushing harden to leave, would this cause us to trade him this summer? The rockets could probably land a good get to build a completely new team around RJ Barrett. Just saying, and get someone young with Capela for the future.

#550 Le$$, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He can actually shoot the ball? And doesn't gamble on D

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see something with Washington and Bertans. I'd overpay and give away Clemons, House and Harty. If would be like having 2017 road RYNO every game. If we're going to shoot 50 3's a game, we need someone who can hit when James is doubled.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just one thing to point out on the buyout players -

Just about anyone can look like a $10m player when he's playing with Harden …. Someone will take that opportunity to show value in next years free agency.

JamalP., D-rock and topfive like this.
  14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Call me crazy but I don’t want them to trade Clemmons, Hartenstien or Clark for a marginal upgrade. I’d rather the Rockets hold onto them and see what they can develop into.

Something needs to be done with Nene and Green’s roster spots. Whether it is by trade or by waiving and signing buyouts, the Rockets have to get a couple of players who can actually contribute.

How about this idea... send Nene and this year’s frp to Detroit for Markeif Morris. Then, in the off-season sign and trade Rivers to NY (if he’ll go) for Marcus Morris. Far fetched I know, but it could work.

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Karl Anthony towns wants out of Minny!!!! Plz Morey make it happen

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Capela/Nene/Green/Sefalosha/Houston 2019 first and 2019 second

Holmes/Bjelica/Ariza/Sac 2019 first

17. sogood.

sogood. Member

We wouldn't even be in the top 15 in trade offers for KAT if true.

We have nothing to trade.

D-rock likes this.
  18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Any protections on the Sac pick?

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Not crazy at all, it would sting to give up on them so early, mostly Clemons and Harty. Bertans is the dead eye we need, at our weakest position. Harty probably has a higher ceiling, and is really fun to watch develop, but I think the fit here for Bertans is almost perfect. Also, we got House and Clemons for free, and Isiah was 2nd rounder. I would even throw in a 2nd rounder if needed.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

OKC really messed up that Harden trade. If they traded Westbrook instead of Harden, they would've won a ring by now no doubt.

I'm convinced if you swap Westbrook with a healthy KD right now we'd be an instant 65+ win team.

Westbrook brings that fire that Harden sometimes lacks but his shooting averages from the 3 is just too damn poor.

Hopefully this year's playoffs we're healthier than the rest of the West but with how Dantoni plays our guys, it's really unlikely.