1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio Shakeup - 790 chooses Josh Innes over Adam Clanton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I never listened to him on MAD radio, but I never liked Gallant at Night. I'd change the station. He always seemed to have idiotic takes.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

More calls from Gabe please !

Don't particularly like the show, but 2 hours of them beats 4 from Salisbury.

Koch seems cool for his age, but the voice sounds like permanent phlegm stuck in his throat.

Von Rafer likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Listening to Lopez talk about picking up women as if he was Brad Pitt in high school is nauseating. I think he thinks of himself as Matthew McConaughey from Dazed and Confused. Dude, you're a corny old man with stupid sports takes that rarely make sense. Something tells me the women of Matagorda Bay aren't lining up outside of your ratty ass RV to listen to you drone on about fishing and AAU basketball. Between him and Pancakes, the creepy old man factor at 610 is turned up to an 11 these days. I do like Landry though, for whatever that's worth.

But really though, sports radio in this town sucks hard. The only shows that are actually WORTH listening to are Palillo and Matt Thomas. The rest are either hot take goobers, guys who know absolutely nothing about anything other than football, or Sean Salisbury.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Agreed. Except I like listening to Seth and Mike in the morning. Don’t always agree with them but enjoy the banter.

RasaqBoi and justtxyank like this.
  5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Gooooooooooood night strippers!

RasaqBoi, seclusion and Torn n Frayed like this.
  6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Seth and Mike are good at straddling the line between sports jock and somewhat intellectual banter. A lot of times it comes off as pretentious if you’re not a regular listener.

Still 100x better than anything else on 610.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Apparently, Ennis is still unemployed. He said he had a guy that's been pursuing him for years, but when his agent approached him recently, he said "we are no longer interested" and it's because of something a 3rd party said about him. So looks like he's been totally blackballed in the industry.

This is why you should never burn your bridges........

8. val_modus

val_modus Member

Saw Paul Gallant getting blackout on Washington last weekend. Asked him what the next move is, he just started tearing up.

bobloblaw likes this.
  9. body slam

body slam Member

isn't Goooooooooooooood morning strippers!

10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Goodnight strippers when he did 6-9am with Lance

Good morning strippers on the midday

He’s currently back on midday so I made a goof.

body slam likes this.
  11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I guess ditch digger isn't a bad career path

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Adam Clanton and Adam Wexler have bad chemistry. Wexler was pretty annoyed and confrontational with Clanton today. Mostly because Clanton is a pretty shallow thinker.

CometsWin likes this.
  13. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Salisbury and the 2 kids is bad radio. I can't listen for more than 5 minutes without turning it. Koch and Kalu are solid together.

Houstunna likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Clanton is truly pro-Houston, but his emotion clouds his judgement/comments.

Wexler is far more rational with his thoughts/opinions.

I still think they go well enough together, but maybe more because most of Houston radio is worse.
    ______
    Matt Thomas has one of the coolest personalities in the history of personalities.

15. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

You must not have listened today. Pretty much argued for a while.

Agree on Matt Thomas.

Torn n Frayed and Houstunna like this.
  16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

True. I didn't listen today, lol. How bad did it get ?? Lol.

There's previously been several unnecessary arguments due to Clanton's homerism.

Clanton is overly emotional and displayed the same with Sean Jones (whom I didn't really like), while Wexler is laid back.

I still hope the A-Team sticks around because it's one of the better shows on Houston airwaves.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

Wexler makes Ben Stein sound animated. Dude she stay behind the scenes where he belongs.

Say what you want about Clanton, but that dude is entertaining & a Houston homer. How many sports talk guys can you say that about?

18. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Wexler seemed annoyed that Clanton has bad caller level takes and won’t stay on topic. Came back from one break with Clanton pretty much sarcastically saying it’s your show we will talk about what you want to. It was awkward to listen to two guys who don’t get along

19. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Don’t really find him entertaining. His takes are about as hot as an ice cube. I like it that he loves the home team I just wish he weren’t so pedestrian at his job.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Will AM sports radio (basically a cover for t-replacement ads, car dealership ads, jewelry store ads, etc.) ever evolve into anything else?

Its literally a medium that hasn't changed in almost 30 years... vs. every other medium out there. I suppose the nightly local news is somewhat similar... which is ironic since the old running joke was how Rich Lord used to get his sports information/updates from the local news.