1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Radical Racist Terrorism] Man Stabs 2 After Berating Muslim Women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MystikArkitect, May 27, 2017.

1. MystikArkitect

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-men-killed-portland-train-082731642.html

And now we have another racist nut job actually taking it a step further and murdering folks for defending people have that have a right to be here. I've become pretty sensitive to this myself being of minority descent (Hispanic). This is the one thing I find intolerable and it has definitely escalated since Agent Orange took over.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Trumps fault. Get a life loser.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he is definitely fostering and encouraging this kind of crap with his stupid, ignorant and hateful rhetoric.

"islam hates us"
    "press is the enemy of the american people"
    "mexicans are rapists and drug dealers who are stealing all your jobs"
    "i will pay the legal fees of anyone who beats up a protester"

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever. Any rational person knows better than to murder someone.

But...but Trump wants me to murder. GTFO.

5. Buck Turgidson

Hateful and divisive rhetoric against the "others" has led to violence pretty much throughout human history. You know this. It didn't start with him in post 9/11 America, but he's been beating xenophobic drums for years now, and he is the President, their poster child. He's certainly not helping things.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Murder.... not sure we are there yet but we are certainly trending towards violence.

A congressman just won a special election 24 hours after physically attacking a man who simply asked about the CBO score and the response from the right wing media to their followers was "he was liberal so he had it coming".

There is a huge difference in that and murder (especially racially motivated murder) but downplaying this as something outside of the ecosystem of our political and now societal divide is dangerous imo.

The most important aspect of our society holding up will be folks like yourself on the right condoning these acts and seperating what should be proper behavior rather than contributing to the divide by blaming the other side or downplaying.

I'd appreciate it if folks like yourself on the right would take a bigger leadership role even at the citizen level as things continue to elevate to a fever pitch. You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution.

jo mama and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Isn't that exactly what they continually berate "moderate Muslims" for?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Muslims are now considered a race?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So you disagree that there is a causal link between increased incidents of "anti-Muslim" incidents and Trump's ascendancy? Acknowledging there is a causal relationship doesn't necessarily put him at fault.

No Worries likes this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Slow down and check yourself: you think you know they are Muslims based on their appearance? Just like the killer.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No they are considered a minority religion where many phenotypic attributes are attributed to the religion and racists/bigots often berate/harass individual who reassemble those phenotypes. It's happened to me.

Was your post serious because I'm quite confident that you already know this.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Why highlight that casual link when there many other potentially more substantial links? His education, parents, the divisive media, whatever bullcrap groups he is a part of, his friends? No, it fits the narrative that is false in which trump is advocating crime.

THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES SHOULD NOT BE THE FIRST PERSON BLAMED FOR THIS.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

"The Council on American-Islamic Relations"

Cair shouldn't be your first place to get facts from especially when it comes to stats since Cair is known to misrepresent info to make themselves the victim. Cair also has links to Hamas so I don't know if they have a leg to stand on when it comes to violence

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. durvasa

I'm talking about the general increase in anti-Muslim incidents that have been reported (of which this is but one instance) and the factors contributing to it.

Implicit in your response is an assumption that these are each isolated, disconnected incidents. Yes, each taken in isolation, focusing on Trump and his rhetoric makes little sense. He's not the guy who committed the crime. But if we see this as part of a larger pattern which happens to coincide with Trump's ascendancy, then I don't agree that we should ignore his rhetoric and the type of conversation he has essentially encouraged in the "divisive media" (as you put it). It is very difficult for me to overlook that there's a connection there.

R0ckets03 and Astrodome like this.
  15. durvasa

Are they known to misrepresent statistics in the reports they put out? I didn't know that. Can you provide a source for that assertion?

As for the alleged links some members have to Hamas, that's not really relevant to the point I was making.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

OP you really shouldn't use the word, radical racist.You're demonizing other racists that aren't radical and just want to live their lives peacefully.

17. durvasa

By the way, I think one can reasonably argue that the causal link isn't principally from Trump's rhetoric and that of his supporters in the media (though I don't think that helps at all to diffuse tension between Muslim and non-Muslim communities), but rather from the recent spate of terror attacks in Western countries, particularly in Europe.

18. TheresTheDagger

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

for starters, saying that Trump is the cause of the rise of "incidents" is a total misrepresentation. How can they prove he's the cause? Could the rise of isis who are slaughtering people in Europe, Asia and here in America, factor in?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think one could reasonably argue that they both are responsible for the rise in hate crimes against a minority here in the United States.