1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Racist Chinese Laundry Detergent Commercial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 27, 2016.

1. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

China has never been and is not a multi-race society. so cut them some slack.
    and i think an argument could be made they would like to keep it that way for their own benefit, after seeing the west struggle with racism problem forever.

2. amaru

amaru Member

Essentially abandonment. My biological grandmother was Chinese. She played no role in my mother's life besides giving birth to her. The family history suggests that this was because my biological grandfather was black. I have an uncle who had a Chinese father that never accepted him until he "made it big" in the U.S. They would use him for a place to stay when they came up, but when he returned back home to the island, they wouldn't allow him to stay in the house. Not all my Chinese family members are like this, but this isn't uncommon either. A lot of them feel that blacks are good enough to sleep with but not good enough to have real relationships with.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Huge accomplishments? Huge gains? Progression? Well accomplished individual?

WTF are you even talking about? :confused:

Some of the dumbest **** I have ever read on this board, and that's saying something. Did you switch logins with glynch or something?

As to the commercial, yeah, it's wrong and un-PC, and not that funny. I chuckled anyway. Shoot me.

4. Nook

Nook Member

So why should they be cut slack? That isn't really an excuse.

As for China believing that it will be to their benefit to keep out other races, good it will ultimately hinder their world influence and they can be marginalized like they have been historically.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

So give a black breh some mint and put him in a washing machine and a Chinese geek with bad haircut comes out? Sign me up!

6. dback816

dback816 Member

It's not an excuse, it's reality.

Your internet crusade against a country (you're that guy who always throws a fit in travel threads about China right?) isn't going to suddenly enlighten all those people who have never seen a black guy outside of TV/movies.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because you aren't aware of what Chavez has done, the conditions before, the awareness he brought, etc., that doesn't make anybody else dumb.

Wait! Did you think I was talking about Hugo Chavez?

We're talking about Caesar Chavez here. That's very different.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The Italian commercial has a much prettier girl in my opinion! Italians FTW... ;)

The Chinese woman does have a cleaner/better looking place though...:eek:

(P.S.) Sad what they did to those Jordans! :(

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, try to hide your bigotry a bit better, you're starting to look like the Sweet Lou persona.

The views of the Sweet Lou persona are based on a pretty textbook case of "ressentiment" as Soren Kierkegaard or Friedrich Nietzsche would have explained it. The world perspective of your persona is shaped by an innate feeling of inadequacy. As such, you have hostility towards those you view as your superiors for whatever reason. You assume everything is great for those you view as your superiors/oppressors, that they don't have the same problems you do, and that all of your problems are a result of the actions of those you feel are superior to yourself. It's pretty typical of those who are overly obsessed with class warfare and other envy based politics.

Hopefully your next persona will be different.

Believe it or not, you don't actually make me angry. I get frustrated by the ignorance of your current persona, but it's more like frustration that one would experience while trying to train a really stupid puppy, or trying to dig a tunnel in the sand and having it collapse over and over again. The lack of progress is annoying sure, but I do think you are doing the best you can, you just have fundamental flaws that limit success.

You say this and then......

LOL, don't you see how it's impossible to take your current persona seriously when you say things like that? To make matters worse you go on to say

Do you not see what you just did here? What you continually do over and over again? That's why this current persona is so annoyingly frustrating. You just don't know any better I suppose.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah, my bigotry... right

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Aaaah...ok. Misunderstanding then. My bad.

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

That Italian commercial is dated 07. So the Chinese one is a knockoff of that? LOL

13. Buck Turgidson

[sheepishly raises hand]

14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

OMG! She washed away most of his penis!

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Haha, isn't the ad above just hilarious? You can't beat the classics right? A joke that is literally timeless at least for some I guess!

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he genuinely might be a bit off his rocker. I

I do find the whole persona thing amusing. The power ATW has had on him is comical.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Vancouver can be the most racist Asian community in NA, in the same time most of prominent HR anti--racism activist are Chinese .

20. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

It's pretty funny to see the reactions in China to the reactions in the West to this commercial. The recurring theme is actually taking pride in the racism on display because black men in Guangzhou are quite popular with Chinese girls. LOL. Said sentiment would also explain a lot of the insecurities in this thread.