1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racist Chinese Laundry Detergent Commercial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 27, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's impossible to tell given that you say such stupid things all the time even when you mean it literally. Sarcastic stupidity isn't drastically different from your every day stupidity.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Never spoke out against affirmative action but I do believe it needs to be reformed. I remembered reading a story about an Indian who pretended to be black to get into med school. I think that is a problem and it needs to be addressed.

So why are you for AA if it's discriminatory against Asians?

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They were racists because society and government lumped people who looked like him as a group to be dumped upon.

Most people don't call the Founding Fathers a group primarily made up of slave owners and genocidal assholes because for whatever reason we factor in how it is at the time and to what ends they tried to make things better.

You're free to call Washington that if you're into the consistency thing.

#43 Invisible Fan, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yes it is discriminatory towards asians (everybody from Asia as it appliies to admissions--not just oriental) and I hate using the excuse that they are "the model minority" and should be hit because they can take it...but there has been a systematic disenfranchisement of certain groups of in this country for hundreds of years. That doesn't just get fixed over night. Because of that I think its ok to allow those groups to get a chance in the race.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Funny how the vast majority of posters here get when I am being sarcastic but you seem to struggle with it so much. I'm sorry bobby you don't get my humor.
    I am sorry my humor offends you and took you away from your "safe space". I hope you can find your way back there.

And I hope you can understand someday why having a black actor appear unkissable until they magically turn asian is a bit f'd up when it's broadcasted to a billion Chinese people and not as a joke on the Chappelle Show. By the way I saw Chappelle's act last year...he started off by making fun of black people to a mostly white audience - they laughed and laughed. Then he started making fun of white people and women and people started getting upset. You sound like one of those people.

6. dback816

dback816 Member

Many members of a group reach the goal of prosperity (whatever that is) therefore the rest should stop complaining about racism?

I can't even tell if this is sarcastic ****posting or if you're being serious. For the sake of the people who fed and clothed you, as well as the teachers that taught you, I hope it's the former.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so Malcom X's racism and Chavez's racism is "acceptable racism" then, completely different from those other kinds of racism due to the color of their skin? Gotcha.

You guys sure do have a weird way of viewing the world, but who am I to judge?

It's cool, you are simply not an intelligent person and I keep making the mistake of treating you like one. Just put the dunce cap on and go sit in the corner kiddo.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Ancient Chinese secret.

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

A black man making fun of white people.... is that really ok?

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't know, but I do know a company making fun of any historically discriminated against group is definitely not ok.

11. dback816

dback816 Member

lol yea dude, it was totally broadcasted to a billion people because it was in China. Oh and Yao Ming has a billion fans because he's Chinese and every single Chinese person loves him like how every black person loves Friday and soul food, amirite

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Terrible parsing, Bobby.

I put leaders in their context of time and environment. If there was a black or hispanic leader saying the same things today, I would not look at them favorably. If zombie Washington or Reagan rose up and said and did the same things during their times, their followers would probably load up on shotguns if they paid any attention.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Of everything wrong in China, this certainly tops the list.

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

lol wtf, worst washing machine ever.

i do like that toothpaste though - doesn't make me a racist.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Looks like the PC bros are mad that "Racism" is being discussed again.

The conservative PC Bros that is. The same ones that tell everyone to stop talking about race issues at all ever or you'll hurt their feelings.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Gutter oil.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zrv78nG9R04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That Chinese commercial is pretty damned bad.

At a cinema in Mexico I saw a commercial preceding the movie. It was about a movie card, similar to the Regal Movie Card. Toward the end of the commercial some Latino with painted-on slanted eyes and Charlie Chan mustache and (fake) buck teeth (think Peter Sellers in "The Cheap Detective") looks at the camera and says, "Es como dinelo!" ("It's like money!", but "dinero" was "Asianized" to "dinelo").

I thought, No way in hell you'd see such a commercial in the U.S.

This Asian commercial? Wow, that's awful. Far worse than the example I have.

It reminds me, without condoning or excusing it, how such racism is less taboo where there is no "melting pot". For example, while there are many Latinos of African descent/mix (Colombia, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama), there are few in such nations as Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador....and I have been in conversations with those who hail from there and speak English well who outwardly and without hesitation use the "n" word to refer to African Americans (probably not expecting me, white and middle-aged and living in Texas, to give them my "wtf did you just say?" glance).

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Oh my god, you're so brilliant - that's exactly what I was saying!!!!!!

Your ability to take hyperbolic statements literally are second to none!

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Just saw a Chinese person at Starbucks and I made him apologize to the first black man I saw. I've done my part.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I guess the Donald Trump supporters would love living in China with their lack of PC (or Russia, with great leader Putin).