1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racist Chinese Laundry Detergent Commercial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 27, 2016.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I guess everything happens in China is big here. Some no-name Chinese company who brand is not even known by most Chinese created a racist ad and ppl think it is a very important issue, on international scale.

I didn't see OP jumped up and down and opened a thread when Chris Rock stereotype Asians during Oscar ceremony, using Asian kids. Obviously he thinks some idiots creating a racist, offensive ads oversea is more significant.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The PRC has been screwing us over as trade partners for a while now and we don't seem to mind. Now all of a sudden the USA is supposed to care. Yea right, as long as it doesn't hurt our Corporate Warlords they could actually genocide black people and USA still wouldn't care. Take a look at the middle east and africa for many examples when we care and when we don't and how much we care.

-edit- btw..., the commercial is terrible and anyone with common sense would boycott the brand. but that's an individual issue.

3. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

so white?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We need to send some PC bros to China immediately, don't they know they are supposed to feel bad about making jokes?

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Meanwhile a lot of Asians whine about being victim of racism in America. I can't stand the hypocrisy.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Asians have been the victims of racism in America. I can't stand when people whine about others who are victims of racism calling out the actual racism. It's unAmerican

1 person likes this.
  7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Racism or just delusion?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">wow, yet another 2-3 no calls for Jeremy Lin. What is up with the <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA">@NBA</a> today? Refs being racist like usual. The NBA is so RACIST!</p>&mdash; gesielle (@koreangamer1986) <a href="https://twitter.com/koreangamer1986/status/707745417727860736">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's some joke: Idea of kissing a black man is disgusting unless you can wash their skin to Asian. hahahaaha. Very funny. Man, I know this KKK guy you'd get along with real well.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Losers whine about being victims, winners just keep moving on with life. Unfortunately America has become a country of losers which is sort of how you end up with a presidential election between 2 disgraceful candidates like Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

For the sake of your country, learn to have a winner's mentality and not a loser's mentality.

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You sound like Trump

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, winners aren't people who try to actually stop and shine lights on injustices. A real winner allows those things to continue to happen without bringing any attention to it at all.

The world would be so much better without losers like Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr. Gandhi, Caesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony, etc. What a bunch of losers. If only they'd not whined just kept moving on with life, they might have actually accomplished something. Instead, their lives amounted to zero.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You really are a drooling r****d aren't you? If that's what you got from the commercial just go to your "safe space" and slam your brain against the wall until something useful falls out.

It was supposed to be the same guy all along, he was never a "black guy" and yes, I get that the commercial isn't PC but if it was something on Chappelle's Show instead of a Chinese commercial you wouldn't be a whiny b**** about it. It's just a tacky take on the same BS laundry detergent commercial where they throw a tee shirt in the washer and it comes out a different color. Sure, you can try to make that mean more than what it really does but you sound like an idiot doing so. It's an attempt at humor and nothing more.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That was obviously delusion. But back to the original point. The Asians making the racist ads and products in in China, aren't the ones here calling out racist events that happen to them.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All chinamen look and think alike.

Let's liberate their women, brehs.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Easy doggies - no need to get your panties wet.

If you think that commercial is anything like Chappelle, I know this KKK guy you'd really get along with. That's all I'm saying geez.

Sounds like you are the one in need of a "safe space" whatever the F that is.

I suggest you try being honest with yourself once instead of going critical and blowing up at others. Look deep inside you and be honest here.

Do you think that commercial...that the Asian woman finds the light skinned Chinese guy more attractive than the Black dude? And do you think that message isn't there? I mean, if you think that isn't obvious, than I might have to pray for you...and I don't even believe in god.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that you would mention Malcom X and Caesar Chavez given that they were both racists and Chavez would likely be a Trump vote today being that one of his biggest issues was keeping the "wetbacks" and "illegals" out of the country.....his words. He even organized his people to go to the border and prevent them from entry into the US, almost exactly like the people that called themselves "minutemen" a few years back....but let's romanticize the idea of him instead of looking at who he really was.

Don't get me wrong though, if you get enough whiners together, the people at the top of the whining movements can absolutely profit off of them. Those people aren't the losers, everyone that follows them and funds them are the losers.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe you should re-think your life if you know people in the KKK....that sounds a LOT like a "you" problem. I certainly don't.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Sarcasm is clearly something that goes over your head.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I don't really care about the ad in China. I really don't but I also don't want to hear Asians complaining about oppression and getting the short end of stick here in America because it's really not true. Many Asians reach the goal of prosperity and on average they are the wealthiest minority in America. It just irks me when I hear them say the system is rigged against them.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're always speaking out against affirmative action are you not?

You do realize that the people that get shafted by AA aren't really whites, its asians. Look up average acceptance score for medical school (MCAT/GPA) or college SATs. Yes they do get discriminated upon, and heavily, for working hard. Of course you neither look at the numbers or facts so I don't expect you to comprehend this.

I'm for AA, but lets not scroll over a stupid Jeremy Lin fan tweet (they are all mongrols ) and use it to judge asians.