1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racial Hysteria Triumphs on Campus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Perhaps this is an inane hypothetical, but I'm curious how many of you would have resigned as Mr. Wolfe did if you were in his place?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well they probably learned that at the age of 2.

I haven't heard anyone present this theory but I guess it's possible, even though there ideology is opposed in just about every way to the tea party

3. Mr. Clutch

We probably all would. He probably had no choice

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The white power structure just ain't what it used to be in America.

We need to take the country back! amirite?

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We live in a time where nobody would have a choice. The students and protesters weren't open to opening a dialogue or forging forgiveness. It was simply a matter of protest until Wolfe was gone. No deviation.

6. Major

Major Member

And yet, you've argued this type of thing didn't happen with previous generations, right?

It's not about ideology at all - it's about results. We live in a copycat world. An college football team wins a national title by running a spread offense, so everyone tries to do the same. Democrats win in 2008 by going to microvoter targeting with their campaign operations, so the GOP tries to duplicate it in 2012. Apple makes tablet so everyone else tries to do the same. That's how the world works.

Why would it be any different in trying to affect change? Protesters are trying to get their way. So they will look at how other people have been effective at getting their way. Why wouldn't they look at the political system? Do you think it's just a coincidence that they are using the exact same methodologies as successful political movements?

7. Major

Major Member

Or until the protest dies off. Maybe Mizzou football players boycott a game. Maybe the University makes a statement by not caving (it was a meaningless non-conference game anyway). Or maybe the players cave when they realize they want to play. Maybe they play the game with half a roster and get their butts kicked and galvanize the students against the protesters. Steadfastness is a two-way street - he didn't have to resign. That's a choice of the University and/or the President. They had the option to stand their ground.

8. Mr. Clutch

No I don't argue that.

It's not the same methods. They are hostile to free speech and debate. They claim they are unsafe on campus based on disagreements.

Basically your arguing "so what", but a lot of professors are concerned

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Forging Forgiveness? LMAO! Really?

Rocket River

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wouldn't have. I still don't understand how he holds the responsibility for the actions of the poop Swastika, which evidently there's no evidence it ever existed, or the drive-by racist insults. If those are the reasons he was forced to resign, those are ****ty reasons. I don't believe in giving power to mob mentalities founded on misinterpreting facts through a game of telephone.

2 people like this.
  11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The clown in the White House (Obama) has set race relations back 20 years in America.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think it gives them the option to hire a new president with no accountability to the old issues and all the legitimate authority to cancel athletic scholarships and suspend or expel students physically disrupting official university functions.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You don't believe black college graduates are actually black, which puts you a good century behind anyone.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If only you could destroy the words, "Income Iniquality".

15. bigtexxx

16. bigtexxx

strong command of spelling

I have no clue what point you're trying to make.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Your context is garbage as blacks have been asking for education opportunities since before emancipation. Black culture, to the extent that bigots like you claim it exists, is subset of symptom of white culture and the bigotry and social quarantine they exerted on blacks for a century and a half. Pricks like you seem to forget that "context" when you vomit out garbage like that.

18. bigtexxx

totally irrelevant and not what I was saying

you appear to be using a 2+ year old quote to vent.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm using a two year old quote you were too much of a p***y to admit the sentiment behind then and now, based on retrograde views you've clearly harbored about ambitious or industrious blacks your entire life.

20. bigtexxx

totally and completely false

I have tremendous respect for hard working, ambitious, industrious people of any race.

I have no clue how you're arriving at the conclusions you are.

pump the brakes and take a breather brah