1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rachel Nichols: Breaking down Boogie Cousins' defense: Is it a problem for Warriors?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When Boogie becomes unplayable in the playoffs because of his defense, he is going to blow up the locker room.

3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I want to see a Donkey / Boogie fight!

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Does a chicken Bogut?

BigShasta likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Durant's comment about "top to bottom including the coach" is the clue that the Era is almost over

BigShasta likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Aussie addition

[​IMG]

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Hopefully they wont win this year just so cousins doesn't get a ring.

9. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Does anyone else surmise that bringing in Bogut to slurp up some of Cousins' minutes might create even more drama for the team/organization?

10. xaos

xaos Member

We are going to dismantle the Warrior empire

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Boogie was always a high risk high reward signing for GSW. Now that they have Bogut back it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Boogie never plays significant minutes in the playoffs. It's not as if they need his offense in order to win.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The GSW won 73 games with Steph/Klay/Dray

They didn't win the Finals because of DMo's sweat (his greatest NBA contribution over 5 yeras), Draymond's propensity to kick people in the nuts, and a Bogut injury... which is noteworthy... depth is important.

But in many ways I bet at least Steph and Klay would be happy to go back to that trio ...

IF Bob Myers can perform. Because it'll be much harder to add pieces when there's no cap space or assets to move.... For example, more of an issue than Boogie and KD leaving would be the fact that Iggy will be 36, Livingston 34

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

The Warriors definitely maximized their window of opportunity that's for damn sure.

For 2019/2020, Curry will make $40 million, Green will make $18 million on the last year of his contract, Iggy will make $17 million on the last year of his contract, Livingston about $7 million on the last year of his contract. That's roughly $82 million in committed salaries without factoring in Klay's cap hold and whether or not Durant wants to come back. Assuming Klay re-signs, would it be possible for Myers to use Green and Iggy's expiring contracts ($35 million total) to go grab a good player on a bad contract like, say, Blake Griffin, Otto Porter, or Gordon Hayward to assemble a new pseudo-Big 3 just to keep the Warriors competitive until Curry's deal runs out after 2021-2022? They're opening a new arena and getting those ticket sales for the first few years (e.g. until the end of Curry's deal in 2022) is critical I would think.

15. JayZ750

Would any of Blake, Otto or Gordon be a better third than Draymond?

I mean I get he's been "down" offensively. But he's still pretty important defensively and as the energy guy in the locker room.

Obviously it would be tough, but Steph, Klay, Dray, Looney, veterans, and using an exception wisely... GSW would still be a good bet to win... IMO

16. steddinotayto

I think Green's eventual decline and insistence on getting max money would be the reasons why GSW would move on from him. If KD leaves this summer their chance to win another championship moving forward is effectively gone. The best thing to do is to just make sure you keep butts in the seats at home games and you can do that just by making the playoffs.

17. MystikArkitect

Can’t play Boogie.

18. JayZ750

I’m not sure I agree with your last point but I understand the comment about Green and max money.

But can’t see them then saying let’s gonahead and move that for Blake or Otto Oorter types.

Not that I know what they could get... but again, it comes down to Bob Myers.

I’m personally in the camp that Steph primarily but combined with Klayband Kerr’s offense is what makes it go. I actually don’t think KD matters a ton... except for protection against injury and depth.

I know it sounds crazy ... but I strongly believe but for that Steph injury and Draymknd ejection the Warriors are gunning for their fifth straight ring right now non of which include KD.

Because I think Myers makes other moves that are equally good fits.

When GSW fans say what if we had Iggy all series against the Rockets... of course some of that is dumb... but there’s truth to it of course also. Iggy is potentiallynthat super important glue piece. At least to me in the sense that losing him/him being older and not that valuable anymore is as big a loss as losing KD would be (caveat that KD would be replaced with some halfway decent 3&D type guy...)

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors don't beat the Rockets last year without KD.

The Warriors likely don't get past the Rockets this season without KD.

Handles, joshuaao, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  20. steddinotayto

I agree with you that the 3-1 collapse was due more to injuries and Draymond's nutpunch/suspension than anything else but I also believe, in retrospect, the Warriors needed Durant moreso than the other way around. He definitely tipped the scales for the Warriors in 2016-2017 against Cleveland and again last year against us in the WCF where he averaged like 30 ppg in the series.

Which piece would be a bigger loss to the Warriors among Green, Iggy, or Durant? It's easy to say Durant but factoring ALL things right now (injuries, age, production) I believe the answer is still KD. Of course if you were to adjust and ask the same question, factoring each players' primes I would definitely have KD last.

RayRay10 likes this.