1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rachel Nichols: Any end sight for James Harden's scoring surge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Blah blah change the rules blah blah limit number of three pointers blah blah eliminate the corner three blah blah move the three point line back.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I honestly think MCW was ahead of his time.

In a few years from now when NBA bans 3 pointers, this guy could have become one of the best.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Well that's why Stan doesn't have a job and that ****ing loser never got out of the first round. You wanna b**** dude? You had like 4 years to do something---you didn't.

I'm surprised he has no shame while talking. Like you never won 1 playoff series, the only time the rockets did was when his bumass got injured and Artest played like a man.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

WTF Tracy! I'm a big fan of Tmac because of how much he played for the Rockets but why is the dude hating on Harden? Maybe he's just jealous because Harden has already achieved way more success than on like his 3rd year or so. Look at how much Paul Pierce roots for Boston this dude needs to take some lessons. Really disappointed with Tmac since he failed to bring any success to the team the least he could do is root for the team now.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Put some respek on Yaos name.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

Yup tmac was my favorite player ever. He made me a fan of the rockets. But dam he's a straight hater when it comes to harden. I suspect there's some jealousy involved

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Exactly. The “give any star player this many shots” argument is so ****ing dumb. If every star player could shoot this much at this efficiency teams would be dumb not to do it.

This is the same stupid argument you get with some people who say “gee Clint is shooting 66% he should be getting way more shots!”

Yeah no ****ing **** if we could get it to Clint every damn possession and he continued to shoot 66% then we would be dumb not to do it. Not how it works.

The ability to get that many shots off efficiently is what makes what he’s doing so hard to replicate.

clutchdabear and Mr. Space City like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I have never seen a Hall of Famer Tracy McGrady not get his Jersey Retired by the Raptors, Magic, Rockets, Knicks, Pistons, Spurs. I guess Tracy is too much of journeyman, his choking in the 1st Round is Legendary, and this Fool is talking about Harden choking in the playoffs, at least he plays hurt and concussed, look at yourself Brokeback, No knees.
    Daryl did a fantastic job shipping you to the Knicks, and you looking irrelevant. Still bitter at Daryl being successful as a GM.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden Trade to the Rockets started since the 1998 NBA Draft

Michael Dickerson 1998 Draft - Steve Francis 1999 Trade - Tracy McGrady - Kevin Martin - James Harden

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

This is so hard for T-Mac fans to stomach. I know most Rockets fans discarded McGrady after the Toronto game, but I still loved him as a player just because he was the smoothest and most gifted guy out there. But to hear him criticize the reigning MVP, carrying the Rockets every night during the regular season and in the playoffs like McGrady couldn't even dream of...DAMN!! T-Mac, you're not on Harden's level! STFU!

11. Theking

Theking Member

Owned! Boss type comment

lionaire likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im listenining to Stan Van Gundy and i realize why his teams sucked badly lately. Oh yeah just double guy who has top handles and vision lol

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

T-Mac sounds jealous as hell...foh dude

u had the opportunity to do what Harden is doing many times, u just weren’t capable of doing it at his level

in 02-03, u took 24.2 shots a game, more than Harden is taking right now...u couldn’t average 36 tho

in 03-04, u took 23.4 shots to average 28 points while winning 21 games...

I’m going through your game logs and I see countless games where u took over 30 shots...too bad so many of them were 10-32, 14-37, 12-30 type games

if somebody said they weren’t impressed with your 02-03 numbers because u had the ball all the time and took all the shots you’d be in your feelings and trying to call them out on TV like u did with JR Smith...

have a seat fool...

D-rock, Richie_Rich, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

deep down, T-Mac knows he had a disappointing career when u take into account his ability and physical gifts...he accomplished very little given what he had to work with

that is why he holds onto his HOF induction for dear life...no rings...no 2nd round appearances...finished his career as a scrub bouncing from team to team averaging like 5 ppg and even went to go play in China

nobody cared when he retired

Harden has a far better career and is a much better player while not being blessed with the tools that T-Mac possessed...T-Mac wishes he could get a re-do for his career because we all know he has regrets no matter how much he tries to play it off...he should’ve been 1 of the greats like Harden is

bmelo likes this.
  15. Soneca

Soneca Member

The matter is this simple: no player has ever put this kind of numbers with James' efficiency, not even Michael ****in Jordan. This doesn't mean Harden is at MJ's level, but saying any great scorer could do it is as stupid as someone can get. There has never been a player with the kind of combination of playmaking and scoring that Harden developed, not to mention his durability. Insane usage rate implies less efficiency (westbrick says hi!), though not for James. That's what makes him unique. I'd love to see Durant and Klay leaving, there's absolutely no way Curry can score 35 a game, NO WAY.

D-rock, clutchdabear and Richie_Rich like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

No big NO
    They had plenty of opportunities to do this in the past and came not even close to these figures....NOT EVEN CLOSE this includes durant and other stars and scorers of today....they all played with deplated squads at times during recent years and it wasnt even close

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Maybe if Tracy didn't jack up contested midrange fade aways and drive instead like everybody wanted him to he would put up numbers like this too. Oh i forgot, it hurts. He would break down. Another case where Harden is superior...

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Uh...yeah...with the players Harden has on the court with him you absolutely try and double him before he gets to the key and starts his thing. Make any of the other "who?s" on the Rockets beat you.

It really won't work so well, but that's all you can do as a defense.

19. DanO 337

DanO 337 Member

Still love me some t Mac. He was down for us when playing. I really don't listen to much he says. I'm sure he's sour that he never lived up to his hype. It's hard to understand this new style of basketball I guess. Harden is a trendsetter. His doing things no one has seen or done. It's easy for people to disregard what they don't understand. Having said that I think the only way to prove them wrong is to win it all. I believe we can.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. yuko_dude

yuko_dude Member

Rachel Nichols - clueless
    Tracy McFaildy - Hater, jealous, but couldn't do it when Yao went down
    SVG - ehm thats why he can't find a job