1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

R.I.P. Morey, MDA and Harden ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Nov 3, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Should have kept Paul, shouldn't have extended Gordon, should have signed a legit backup center to play D and rebound who is young and healthy enough to play real minutes every night. Should have traded our picks with Shump in a S&T and used our full MLE on a couple of 3/4's with size and D like Jerami Grant/Aminu/Jamychal Green etc

Should have signed a really strong assistant coach to focus on defense.

But instead, we did what we did and this team has played some of the worst basketball I've seen since that 2015-16 season with Howard... and even then I wouldn't be surprised if this team does worse then that team, failing to hit .500 and make the playoffs.

Gray_Jay, lw17 and Der Rabbi like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

dude's get so emotional on here man haha.

lw17 and Blurr#7 like this.
  3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Fr, they’re just waiting for our downfall to pile on. Talk about fake ass, ignorant fans.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Every season we start this poorly, always ends up with a 2nd round exit at the best.

Last year, people said the same thing "let's wait till 1/4 of the season has passed before we make judgement" and if Harden hadn't averaged 36ppg and us getting lucky in the buy-out market, we would've been fighting for an 8th seed.

This year is the repeat of last year and it will end in another early playoff exit again and the stans here will call it a successful season.

Amel likes this.
  5. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

sad to say it but it's time to move on from Morey a d Dantoni there is no motion in this offense amd the defensive schemes is so bad its unbelievable

6. Mr. Space City

We’re running out of players to scapegoat :confused:

lw17 likes this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The defense is a work in progress . Mostly its just an attitude problem.

The guys are not playing for each other. You cant ball watch and give up with putting a hand up. It is interesting that MDA will put Clemons in when the team is down 40

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

you got to give the effort and right now we are a little arrogant

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What are these offensive possessions? No one moving and Westbrook just taking a pull up contested 3 pt jumper. Why?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Wizard game was at least more entertaining.

11. Slimfa

Slimfa Member

Another trash start!

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I dont know man, honestly they need to erase the board slate clean from this, and start running good plays. This MDA, Crap high usuage shots, you see how it plays out sometimes, its not gonna always work. It to me is wasting the potential.

You can't tell me you can't run some good plays. Hell they got 2 of the best drive 2 the basket players in the league. And Tbh Westbrook is a great 2pt shooter. This is starting to be real crap bro.

Crashlanded19 and Lawlruschang like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Nothing wrong with the system. But, you have to have players that fit the system.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We don't have the personnel to play the proper defense. Our pg can only drive to the hole. We can't win when 2 out of our starters can't shoot from outside. Honestly if Tillman is responsible for picking up Westbrook he should fire himself. Trade Clint or trade Westbrick. I knew this was coming.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t agree with the sky is falling folks but if it really collapsed I’d lol at Tillman a little bit.

LonghornFan likes this.
  16. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

That, or maybe don't overreact too much to the first few weeks of the season. Either works for me.

harold bingo likes this.
  17. mastan

mastan Member

Disagree that Morey is a brilliant GM...he doesn't have the basic sense that you cannot win title with 6'4" SF and PF..................that's the truth...curse me if you want to but the fact remains.........

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden and Russ ain't going no where but everyone else's a$$ might as well be on fire.

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Dear God.

Never change Clutchfans. I love the predictable chicken little threads so much.

#39 TheRealAllpro, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Blurr#7 and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. H-town Ballistics

I’m so tired of watching harden dribble for 20 seconds then jacks up a horrible contested 3 or passes to a teammate giving them only .6 seconds to shoot. So frustrating to watch !!!