1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quitten

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Jun 10, 2000.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Det -- I completely agree with you about Pippen, but I'll have nothing to do with anything Rick Fox says. Fox is the slimiest, lying parasite-punk in the NBA. His principal contribution in the Blazers series was to follow Pippen around, get in his face, and trash-talk him into a fight. No doubt the Zen Master put Fox up to this. I've never seen anybody, including Gary Payton, enjoy heaping filth on an opposing player with a smile the way Fox does. His game is nowhere near as big as his mouth, and he'd be nothing at this stage of his career without Shaq. Fox's account of any dispute or what his coach said should never be believed. He'd make up anything to settle a score.

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

ditto

Fox is a thug with very little game.

Wizard rocks!
    ------------------
    I have a special purpose.

[This message has been edited by CriscoKidd (edited June 10, 2000).]

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Don't know if someone has posted this already. It's from an ESPN article and just confirms what we all think.

Don't listen to us. Hear it from the Lakers' Rick Fox, who reveals what
    even Phil Jackson thinks of Scottie Pippen's ability to lead a team: "Phil
    basically told us that Scottie was notorious for backing down and
    disappearing (in Chicago) if things got a little rough," Fox said. "Early in
    that series he was giving us these looks like, 'I'm kicking your ass,' and it
    just ate me up. In Game 7, as soon as I gave him an elbow, his whole
    demeanor shifted. When the team looked to see what he would do,
    Scottie had a scared look on his face."

4. Loafinator

Loafinator Member

I don't really agree with you guys on fox. first of all he is actually pretty talented. a couple of years ago he used to be the best player on the celtics, and even right now he is a very good defensive player with a good shot. about his sliminess, i could be wrong but up until the suns series this year he has been a class act. even all of the announcers kept saying that it was really uncharecteristic of him to be doing the things that he was doing. plus he's married to vanessa williams so the guy can't be all that bad.

------------------
    "When the mind is thinking, it is talking to itself."

.... Plato

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Dennis Rodman was married to CARMEN ELECTRA, so he cant be all that bad. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I thought Fox was a decent player last year, but he did become a thug, especially in the playoffs this year.

I wonder if that is the Zen working???

------------------

7. playahata

playahata Member

The only positive I hope to gain from the Pippen experiment, is that at least we exposed the fraud that is top 50- Scottie Pippen.

------------------

8. payaso

payaso Member

Judging from the women they have chosen I would say Fox/Rodman have more in common with Larry Flynt than with a prototypal NBA player.
    Who here is old enough to remember why Vanessa Williams lost her Miss America crown?
    what this has to do w/ the rox or basketball is beyond me...

------------------
    "We have no eternal
    allies and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and
    perpetual."

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I remember it. Maybe Rick is just a little worried that is wife is doing it with the maid when he's on the road.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in mid-June, for now visit www.eesite.com)