1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quitten on Quite Frankly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zoork34, Dec 6, 2005.

1. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

Not that its anything new that stupid scottie pippen is a rockets hater, but on quite frankly, Steven A. asked him about the rockets and he said that he regretted going to houston be cause "it was a situation where they didnt want to win" and upon further prodding, he said that he thought that both hakeem and barkley were at a "point in their careers where they didnt want to win."
    what a fool.

on another note, that thread that just got locked was true........the bottom line said alston is out 3-5 weeks with a fracture in his leg.........

2. RocketsFAN3035

I have heard that before, the not wanting to win. Which never made any sense to me. Why would they not want to win? I MAY BE (I'm not saying I do) able to see the case for Hakeem, being that he had won already (twice actually :D ). But Barkely would have been so motivated to win, I would have thought. I don't know, maybe there is something I'm missing....

3. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Thank you. Unlock that thread. Alston is out for an extended period and whoever locked that thread should do some research before closing teh thread. If i said i had insider info on the situation would that have helped?

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

it's old news though lol

we've known that and that timeframe was from about 3-5 weeks ago lol

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I believe Scottie Pippen. He did come from the 3-time NBA Champs the Bulls so he would know what is hard work.
    He's wrong about the organization as a whole.

He could be right by Mr. Dream , but Hakeem paid he dues and then some. Barkley doesn't get his pass , because anyone who knows about him(and Shaq) and his career knows that his desire was not always there (ie weight issues, late night partying).

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Pippen came fom the 6 TIMES CHAMPION's Chicago BULLS.

7. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

my sources in the pentagon confirm it was 3.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Why would Charles give up millions of dollars to get Snottie on the team if he didn't want to win? Did he not want to make money either? What a ****ing jackass.

9. ubigred

i stand corrected

10. ubigred

Charles Barkley didnt give up millions to sign pippen....where you get that bs from!!!

11. Panda

Panda Member

Barkley got paid for only one million that year IIRC.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I get it from the fact that he signed for the veterans minimum of $1 million and lobbied for the Rockets to get Quitten and they did and the Rockets gave Quitten his rediculous contract. Barkley made less than Matt Bullard. To be fair to Snottie, he did manage a whopping 1.29 more assists per game than the Chuckwagon (in 4 more minutes). Try to learn a few facts before you call bs on someone jacktard.

#12 StupidMoniker, Dec 6, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Are you really arguing that a guy who refused to attempt a close game at the end because a play wasn't designed for him understands hard work, or winning?

If there was ever anyone to ride someone's coattails more than Pippen rode MJ's, please let me know.

14. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

MJ wouldn't have been the MJ as we know him today if it wasn't for Scottie Pippen

He was his perfect sidekick

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well I won't refuse to belive that statement entirely. Hakeen had his championships and Barkely, while you can't question his desire, wasn't always focused and determined to lead the team. Remember Clyde was the saving grace for the 2nd championship...he was hungry for a title and got it. I was expecting that of Barkely but he never took the team on his back. But to flat out say the team and organization didn't want to win is going too far. The guy couldn't adjust to our system, plain and simple, and was given every chance to.

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! People are forgetting quickly that Pippen was the soul of that Bulls team and their anchor, MJ was what put them over the top and their ultimate closer.

Seriously, anyone who says Pippen rode MJ's coattails doesn't know jack **** about basketball, and that right there tells me all I need to know.

Go back to watch the greatest all-around player and greatest man-to-man defender in league history to see his "impact" on the bulls in all those championship runs, and even the year they were without Jordan, they didn't do too bad even then.

Look, bottom line is this: when we signed Pippen, and had Barkley and Dream, ALL were at the ends of their careers and just weren't that capable anymore, had serious locker room chemistry problems, and were a horrible fit in this team (Pippen was asked to be a jump shooter because Dream and Charles manned the middle, that was NOT Pippen's game; it was a bad fit, period, and we STILL had a darn good season, although we lost to the would-be champs Lakers who had two superstars in their primes, so nothing wrong with that).

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe so, but if it weren't for MJ, nobody would even remember who Scottie Pippen is.

18. tigermission1

He couldn't adjust to the system, because he was NEVER going to be a jump shooter; Scottie is a slasher and tough-nosed player, that's just how he played.

Still, I agree he shouldn't bash the organization say they didn't want to win, because if that was the case Les wouldn't have brought three of the 50 greatest (albeit late in their careers) to the same team, although another side of the argument could be that Les merely wanted more exposure and knew he can make more money off their names.

Still, Pippen should just let it go because he sounds bitter and it looks bad on him, he should just move on and stop taking shots whenever he's asked about his short stint with the Rockets.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is stupid. Scottie Pippen is Richard Jefferson. Good player, but nothing to get all excited about. Certainly NOT a top 50 player of all time and NOT a hall of famer...UNLESS you happened to team with MJ to win 6 championships in the 90's.

There's a reason Pippen sucked after leaving the Bulls, and not just with the Rockets. The guy actually got WORSE in Portland.

Versatile? Yes. Good Defender? Yes. Solid Rebounder? Yes. Above Average Ballhandler/Passer? Yes. Great at anything? No.

20. tigermission1

Thanks for showcasing your utter lack of basketball knowledge, I will keep it in mind next time you say anything basketball-related :rolleyes: