1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quit the witch hunt!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sadat X, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

So many threads about drama between our players:

"Dwight is upset with this", "Harden didnt do this", "Lin was yelled at by Dwight and Harden", "Dwight doesnt like our PGs"

Do any of these "theories" have actual quotes from the players? Or is everyone seriously buying into the media's witch hunt to ruin our beautifully crafted team?

Calm down people. We have played 6 games. SIX GAMES. Did you all really think we would come out of the gate as a perfectly synced team?

Face it. Everyone around the league is trying to hurt us. They are jealous of the Harden trade (since it was a steal) and that the Lakers lost their star player when he chose us. They are jealous we had the ability to sign Lin away from the Knicks after we simply cut him and also find a solid center in Omer Asik and we are simply using him as our back-up (not now, but should be).

We are the team to beat. The team to stop. The team that everyone wishes their GM could piece together (besides the Heat organization).

Chill out and enjoy this season, rather than look for drama. I have noticed many posts where people are already giving up on our team. How about sticking by your team instead?

1 person likes this.
  2. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Yeah, but what would we talk about?

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I understand talking about problems we need to fix: such as freethrows, turnovers, defense, ect.

But Im sick of our GARM looking like RealGM boards with all of these crazy speculations involving drama between our team. That stuff is trash and it is littering our board

4. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

hmmmm I sense a delusional OP.

What you just described was the Miami Heat not the Houston Rockets!

We are no one's envy yet. We have a lot to prove this year to ourselves first then to the rest of the league.

5. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

OP basically made another Lin thread. It will fit nicely with the other 20.

6. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

True. But if you honestly believe nobody envies us, you are the delusional one.

Yea this is directed at Lin. I guess mentioning his name is an automatic sign of a LOF. GUILTY! :rolleyes:

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You mean don't criticise when you disagree with a lot of what they are doing out there, with results that match what we are observing? If your significant other is messing up badly, you should just support him/her without giving them a talking to. It requires both, sometimes blind love and support, sometimes a swift kick in the backside to make sure everyone reaches their potential and this coaching staff is messing up big time.

8. geraldyu14

geraldyu14 Member

The one beat us is LA. That's one of the reasons some people become so angry and sensitive. If it's not LA, won't be this BIG...

In some way we want this win over this "special" team so badly. Now it's just a situation
    where the result didn't match our high expectation.

The problem is not that serious, maybe even no problem at all.

Quit the witch hunt!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Lin for president...

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

She turned me into a duck.

I got better.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who cares who envies us.

What to do as a team: Get back to the basics, play a certain style and have success

What to do as a fan: Don't get too caught up. Trust management long term or waiting for a change.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

yes the GARM has become pretty unbearable to read ever since we got dwight. Every ******* has to start a thread with every thought that pops in their head.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

OP has been here 3 years longer than you. I agree with his premise.

You seem to be attempting to drop a turd int he punch bowl.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

LOF's witch hunt of Harden is making this place really hard to be around anymore.

15. treeman

treeman Member

How did anyone get LOF out of the OP? I am sensitive to LOFs (I can't stand them) and I didn't get that from this one. Plus, OP's join date is pre-2012, which is usually a sign (althoug he might have been a YOF, and became a LOF later...)

OP is right. Everyone needs to calm down and stop pointing fingers after a single loss 6 games into the season with a 4-2 record. It's just... stupid.

16. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

those reporters were just out side of locker room they may heard something and twitted it, they are just telling what they see/hear.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The past two years there have been so many negative posts. I think we are slowly dealing with it. The "LOF's" who like the whole team seem to have stuck around a bit more than some others, who went to the Lin site or whatever. The board is really negative still, and I need to deal with my own negativity too. I'm always trying to shoot down the rumor mongers and whiners, but it just feeds the cycle.

This is a place to enjoy the Rox! We made it through some tough years, like when Ariza was our #1 option. In fact, I was more thankful for wins then, and losses didn't kill me. Let's just enjoy it like we did back in the day.

18. dje243

dje243 Member

I have intentionally avoided the GARM since the lost b/c I didn't want to read all the hate. Like OP says... we're 6 games in. Besides, haven't the media and many frequent posters here stated that we won't even to compete this year for a championship anyway? It's going to take this team a while to figure things out. We're 4-2, the sky isn't falling.

19. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

wow - how delusional

20. steady

steady Member

Nice post. Thanks.