1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions about the last play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by d12babymamas, May 3, 2014.

1. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I first would like to congratulate the Rockets on a hard fought series. It's horrible we lost, but I look forward to the offseason and next season as well. I'm sure, we'll be an even better team next year. In the broader perspective, yeah it's a major disappointment, but with this new core I think it's a sign of progress.

With that said, however, I would appreciate an analysis from Clutch about that last play since he would know better than most of us what really happened. I'm not trying to harp on that last play. What's done is done, but I and I'm sure others are curious as to what actually happened on that last play.

Some questions I personally have are the following:

1. Was Parsons told to switch? If yes, by whom? I think this needs to be clarified the most.

2. Why was there confusion on coverage? Lillard knew this and took advantage.

3. Why was Lin taken out with .9 secs left to play? He is one of our quickest players so it didn't make any sense to me. At the very least maybe Cisco should've been subbed in for Parsons. LA was the 1st option but since Lillard was so wide open Batum passed it to him. Either way everyone knew the ball was going to either one of them. Not to mention, it seemed like Mchale was preparing his defense for a three point shot rather than a two.

4. What was Jones doing on the inbound pass? Flailing his arms with that much space between him and the passer? (This is more of an observation.)

Thanks and feel free to lock if/after you cover this.