1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question: Since Morey got owned in the last Kings deal....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Feb 18, 2010.

1. carmichael dave

Super Bowl Rings:

Reggie Bush 1, Mario Williams 0

Jeff Bagwell juiced

Mike Scott scuffed the ball

Open the borders

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why are you so angry? The hate, it consumes you.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is, imagine if this wasn't coming from a quasi-famous pseudo-personality; imagine he's just some random poster. In my experience if some random poster showed up and started posted what he's posting, this board would absolutely rip him a new one for trolling.

So I guess the question is does small measure of notability he attained as RonRon's herald and crier provide him with some sort of royalty treatment? Is that really appropriate? Does his small measure of fame provide him with a license to act in a way that would be unacceptable for anyone else?

Personally, I can understand the willingness to take s**t from someone that is actually notable. But giving that sort of treatment to someone sort of on the margins strikes me as a bit demeaning.

1 person likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. You are funny. At least you have that going for you :p

5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Can somebody tell me how to "ignore" certain posters? I've had about enough of this guy's BOLD WHINING. :confused:

6. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

40% of your starting lineup in which ya will be looking at the lottery again isnt saying much.....meaning ya still SUX....in morey we trust.....

7. carmichael dave

Queens. Queens?? That's ignorant, and original. No comparison. No way ANYONE on this team could hit the high note in Bohemian Rhapsody, and Fred Merc had no post up game. And he turns the ball over.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Love the attitude of not wanting to make the playoffs. How long do you want to rebuild?

Oh, and keep waiting on that title. It's going to be a while. You guys are once again looking toward the lottery.

Our team, even with our injuries, are trying to aim for the playoffs. If if doesn't happen, Yao will be back next season and we will be contending for that title. Look out Fakers!

It sucked that we had to give up Landry. He's definitely going to upgrade your squad. But for us to get KMart, Jordan Hill (1st round pick), Hilton Armstrong (backup center at best), Jeffries (expiring contract), swapping position with the Knicks next season in the draft, and taking their 2012 1st round pick? Dude, we came out Hollywood.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Um, I think he was being a wee bit sarcastic.

Just a guess. :grin:

Anyway, thanks for the side gift to go with our draft picks Dave. You got pawned son! :eek:

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Ban him. Troll by any other name is still a troll. It is not like trolls are always serious, usually they are also joking.

11. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Do you really think the Rockets are that much better than the Kings? You're not a very intelligent person.

"In Morey we trust" is a very stupid line that has been thrown around way too many times. I think he is extremely overrated and, based on earlier reactions from the K-Mart deal, others feel the same. In fact, some should have been on suicide watch.

GM Morey has done a great job, but he isn't a saint and he isn't pulling off any miracles IMO. Let me know when the Rockets have consistent success, not in the regular season, but in the playoffs. Yes, let me know.

12. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

You're getting weaker by the post.

13. mikol13

Supporting Member

Of course you would rather have no playoffs. It's because you can't get past the Lakers in a 7 game series. Might as well keep stockpiling draftpicks because that is your championship :grin:

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dude, he's messing around, he's not being serious...yeah, if a poster comes in here and actually believing in what they are saying, it would be annoying regardless of who it is. But if you listened to Dave's show, he's a chill guy and very knowledgeable about sports. The fact that people keep challenging his points is hilarious.

15. carmichael dave

Dang. Ban him too!

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I retract my most recent post, Carmicheal was not being sarcastic, he's just a fool!!! :eek:

17. albuster

albuster Member

I was going to ask the same question myself. Glad you answered it for me.Thanks.

18. mikol13

Supporting Member

Guys you do realize that he likes this site and is messing with us. Plus he has to have someone listen to his show tonight and we are over 40,000 strong :cool: only way I listen is if Nuno comes on tonight

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol good points!! who do you think sactown is gonna take in the nfl draft? maybeee tehy can get suh!! :cool:

i hear you guys might be trading for pujols....can u confirm this on twitter?

but seriously i do like urijah. hopefully he lights up aldo!

20. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I got a question is Kevin Martin still injured?