1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question: should I file a chargeback against this company

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Aug 17, 2017.

1. what

what Member

Most of the chargebacks I have done have been for small amounts, but I am considering a chargeback on an item that cost me $1000.

I purchased a popup tent for my business. The tent I bought had a 5 year warranty on the frame and a 12 month anti-fade uv warranty on the canopy.

Long story short, the frame which has an anodized coating began fading after 2 weeks. Every leg is basically copper looking, while the top is black. The canopy is also extremely faded, from what it was.

When I called them initially it was about the frame, and they agreed to refund me some of the money, because I was just being a nice guy. I didn't ask for a full refund. Even though the popup tent design is exclusive to this company, like I can't go somewhere else to get a new canopy, if I wanted something more durable.
    Before they gave me a partial refund they offered me a new frame, which I accepted, because if that's what they thought would help, even though I knew this new frame would do the same thing.
    So when I finally called about the canopy issue, we had had a lot of conversation and back and forth over this.
    What I told them is this. I said, it is clear to me that I am going to have to replace the canopy maybe 3 to 4 times a year so what I am asking for is a possible discount on the new canopy. They asked for pictures and then I never heard back from them.
    That was 6 days ago.
    In most circumstances, I would not hesitate to file a chargeback, but here, since the amount is so much, plus they gave me $150 back, i feel guilty. But at the same time, i do feel dupped by them in that their product fades so quickly and i could have maybe found a better solution.
    What do you think?

2. what

what Member

3. theimpossibles1

I think who gives a sh*t about a faded canopy. You sound like a pain in the ass. Replace 3-4 times a year? The hell?

4. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Return it get a refund, keep the extra frame and buy a new canopy.

5. what

what Member

You actually can't do that. Because the frame they sold me only fits the canopy they sell.

What I ended up doing is filing a chargeback for a partial amount. In the end, I will be refunded $600 of the $977.

6. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

You mentioned having to replace the canopy multiple times. I figured they might sell the canopy as a separate item. Good Luck with the charge back. What company did you purchase this item from?

7. what

what Member

They do sell it separately. And I was trying to buy another one at a discount when they stopped talking to me.

Their canopies were suppose to last one year without fading. It actually didn't last two months.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Did you buy it from @hotballa

Too bad man, that dude sells knock off stuff. No returns for you

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd backtrace it

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

OP is fronting. Seriously, take that ish somewhere else OP.

11. what

what Member

That dick!

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't know anything about tents. Where I come from we clapback, not chargeback if someone messes with your dollar.

Haymitch likes this.
  13. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I would just ask for a refund and get a different tent altogether. Sounds like your not happy with it.

What color is the tent, also? I'm wondering why it fading is such a big deal? But if you have to replace something 3 or 4 times a year, you obviously won't be happy with it. I mean, keeping that tent, won't you be dealing with this again in 4 months or so?

gatsby likes this.
  14. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Charge backs are for fraudulent charges or scams. How easy will it be to get a chargeback for a product that you're unhappy with?

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You are walking right into OPs masquerade.

OP is fronting...

16. what

what Member

It's a promotional advertising tent, with a logo and a call to action on it. It is how I attract customers. It isn't just a plain colored tent.

Also, I now know that the way they print these tents that in Houston with the heat, no tent similar to this one won't fade, so I was willing to strike a deal with the company to buy a canopy from them about 3 times a year if they would provide a discount.
    Basically, I was willing to spend $1000 a year on this. Since their price was $400 for one, I was looking for a 65 dollar discount per canopy.

17. what

what Member

If a company advertises a 12 month guarantee and it doesn't last that long, you can file a chargeback against them as long as you tried to work it out with them, which I have.