1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for self identified Libertarians: Are you okay with Trump?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockbox, Nov 18, 2016.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not libertarian, but I consider myself socially libertarian (I can't see how libertarian economic policies would work), I can't think of a more anti-Libertarian politician.

Authoritarian
    Anti Free trade
    Muslim registry
    Carpet bombing countries
    Advisors and aids like Giuliani who have a record of infringing on rights especially 2nd and 5th amendment rights

What are your thoughts?

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

A Muslim registry would be totally anti-libertarian.
    So would an abortion ban.
    Building The Wall is a massive government pork barrel project that rejects the free-market solution to the issue (which is doing nothing).
    Increasing government debt is probably the most anti-libertarian act of all.

da_juice likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not OK with Trump, but some are including one of the bestest libertarians around, Walter Block. I haven't read his reasoning yet but I don't think I'll buy into it. I was stunned to see him be for Trump during the election. But, he is like 85 years old, so maybe the ol noggin ain't what it used to be.

But now that I think about it Block's whole shtick since the 70s has been "defending the undefendable" (which was the name of his first book).

Still, it is disappointing.

#3 Haymitch, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As a Libertarian I am absolutely not fine with Trump.....and I wouldn't have been fine with Hillary either. It's why I was so pissed off about the whole thing, there simply wasn't an acceptable option.

That said, since there was no acceptable option, I'm finding it easier to cope with a Trump victory than some others who didn't want him to win simply due to the fact that it's not like I was going to be happy with any other outcome

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

there is nothing libertarian about trump and there is not even much that is "conservative" or republican about him. he really does not hold any strong political beliefs, as evidenced by his constant flip-flopping and double-speak. he is a con-artist who just says whatever he thinks people want to hear.

his only ideology is authoritarianism.

da_juice and R0ckets03 like this.
  6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Offical LP platform still advocates defunding public education and not enforcing the Civil Rights act. Trump's rhetoric is at least constrained in the same electoral and economic plane as Democrats and moderate Republicans

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

And because one of his wink wink goals is to maintain the status of white people.

[​IMG]

da_juice likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nailed it.

da_juice likes this.