1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about Tailgating!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by val_modus, Sep 28, 2017.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

Hey guys! I’m from Texas and am a lifelong Texans fan who’s gonna be in town this weekend! Basically my question is, how does tailgating work out? Since we’ll be Ubering to the game, what do I pay for/where should I go?? Was planning on making a jug of some drink, but I have no idea what to do past that. Do we have to pay for a parking pass to get into the parking lot, or do we just walk in? Would love any input to make this a memorable experience for the group.

2. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

no need for a parking pass, you just need a valid ticket to the game for each person to get into the parking lots, enjoy!

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Can enter any lot with your game ticket. But without a car/parking space, you'll just be walking or standing around unless you find an actual tailgate to hang out.

Blue lot usually the most crowded and festive.

red5rocket likes this.
  4. val_modus

val_modus Member

We have no game ticket either. We were kind of just hoping to join the tailgate party and watch the game there. I guess you either have to have a vehicle + parking pass, or a game ticket. Otherwise, your best bet is to catch it at a local bar??

5. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

yea unfortunately they added the ticket req last year (or maybe year before?) sorry!

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya a bar is your best bet then. There's nothing around the stadium so best bet is midtown.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Yellow lot is my home turf.

Shotgun 30 is free beer every 30 minutes and its a guaranteed instant drunk if you get there by 8 and have your own drinks as well.

Blue is more tent oriented. Yellow is for the common folks. LOL.

houstonstime likes this.
  8. NateNate

NateNate Member

Not true. Go to StubHub and search "Texans" and you should see tailgate passes for sale. If none are available check Craigslist they ALWAYS have them ($15-$30). The tailgate pass allows you on the premises and you can walk around and make friends. You can bring a small lunch box cooler (or big one) and fill it up with beer or liquor if you don't want to bum off anyone too much. Most of the big tailgate parties are super friendly and you can eat and drink all you want for a simple donation. This is usually what we do but if you've never been you gotta find them...they usually have a huge setup. Another option I just noticed is "premium tailgate party pass". I've never used this as it is new to me. I'll go ahead and include the links.

Craigslist
    https://houston.craigslist.org/search/tia?query=tailgate

Premium party pass
    https://www.stubhub.com/houston-tex...ots-10-1-2017/event/103154218/?sort=price+asc

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. NateNate

NateNate Member

Forgot to add go to the blue lot.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There was a brawl a few years ago that caused the requirement to have a ticket to the game or tailgate pass.

It was before the cowboys game, but it was just Texans fans fighting each other

11. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

They say they require a game ticket but guys at the orange lot Next even ask for game tick when I pull in. And I print 4 copies of my parking pass off stubhub so when I’m taking up multiple spots and get asked I have the correct amount of parking passes.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Horrible. It's a bunch of loser 40 year old fat drunk, high school dropout men chugging beer and flooding up main street. It's really a bad scene. I have had visitors from other cities come here and I avoid that stretch during games because it is a bad rep for an otherwise great city
    I would rather save up and go to the Rockets game where you have more knowledgeable fans, higher IQ, better atmosphere and overall better experience.
    Not really. You'll have to wait in the lines. Average weight of the fans attending is touching 25 stone, so the line will be long and really slow.

Cheers.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

At this point, I honestly feel bad for you.