1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about Roxs on Direct TV/Dish Net. ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox Addict, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If this is in the wrong thread lock it up but I've seen posts here before on picking up games on the internet...etc... Okay I have had Dish Network for two years and have had no problem watching Rox Games through the NBA League Pass. I live in College Station so I guess its far away enough from Houston to pick up the games. Well I pay $120 per month just for Dish Network and Verizon has offered me a package for $99 which includes Dish which is Direct T.V. including a whole year of NFL Sunday Ticket, High Speed Internet and phone service with unlimited long distance. Why wouldn't I do it ? well I just want to be sure that I can pick up all the Rockets games like I can with Dish Network. Does anyone know if you can pick up all the Rockets game through Direct TV's NBA League Pass ? Thanks :)

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I have Direct TV, but I didn't have it through the whole season. I did get LP at the end of the season for the 99 bucks and was able to see every game. Not all of them were the Houston tv crew, but I was able to watch all the games.

I also don't live anywhere close to Houston, I am in Kentucky, so that may make a difference, because I don't know if they have blackout rules within a certain distance from Houston.

Hope that helps.

3. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

You can watch all of the games on dish or direct except I believe the telecasts that are shown on TNT on Thursdays, since I believe they have exclusive rights for broadcasting those games.

4. aakhan786

aakhan786 Contributing Member

Yes, will see all the Rockets games with the NBA League Pass. It doesn't matter if you have Direct TV or Dish Network as long as it's the NBA League Pass. However, blackout rules due apply in the local area you reside. In that case, all you have to due is scroll for the local channel in your area that will pickup the game. Go Rockets :D :D :D

5. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks guys !! I live an hour and a half away from Houston and luckily with Dish I could see all the games. Unfortunately I do not get Houston local channels and for some reason my Fox Network is the Dallas area :confused:
    Whats funny is they block all the Mavs and Spurs games but show the Rockets when Dallas and San Antonio are much further away :D Anyway I guess I'll be hittin Verizon up on that $99 special :)

6. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Whether you get Dish or Direct you should get all rocket games on 51, FSN, TNT or ESPN without having to pay for LP. To get local channels from Houston give a Houston address as your permanent residence but list your CS address as your billing address (wink, wink). I live in Brenham and our home stations are Houston now, but I used to live in Fayette ocunty and had to resort to that work around because Fayette county defaulted to Austin.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I have had LP for 5 years now and I'm renewing again this year. I get all my Rockets games (except for nationally televised games) and I need that fix being in Mavericks country.... :mad:

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is pondering the idea!

[​IMG]

8. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

Occasionally and I mean VERY occasionally, they will show one of our games on NBATV, and in some regions NBATV comes with LP, other places it doesn't. Those are the only rockets games that i end up missing here in Ohio.

9. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

I had direct tv in College Station and got FSN Houston on channel 420 or something close to that. The channel changed every day but I got all the Astros and Rockets games that were on FSN. No league pass necessary for Rockets.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Those are the nights you head to your local BWW and ask them to put the game on the big screen. :) Wings! Beer! Sports!

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

any such luck with dish network in houston? *crosses fingers*