1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about Hakeem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by couch_pot8o, Jan 3, 2006.

1. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

ive searched the net and asked a bunch of people and sadly, i still havent gotten the answer.. why is hakeem olajuwon's jersey number back in uh #34 in home games and #35 in away? please someone help me out with this.

mods, if the thread needs to be moved, please feel free to do so. im not really sure where to put this.

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Back in the "old days", it was common for teams to wear even number at home and odd number on the road. In the '80s UH was one of the last teams still doing that. Olajuwon wore 34/35, Drexler 22/23, Rob Williams 20/21, Larry Micheaux 40/41, Benny Anders 32/33. I'm totally blanking on what number Michael Young wore.

Update: I finally came up with it. Young wore 42/43.

#2 aelliott, Jan 3, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  3. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

thanks for the help bro! i appreciate it!