1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quessenberry diagnosed with lymphoma

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Xercules, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

That actor was an amazing guy. Hope Quessenberry is able to fight it, wish him and his family well through this hard time.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As others have said, he is in the best place in perhaps the world to be treated for this.

As someone who takes care of cancer patients for a living, I hope he kicks this disease in the nuts. Wishing him the best, and hoping that he may return to good health to do whatever he wants to do in life.

3. Fantasma Negro

Well. Andre now has a way to swallow his pride and join this team in support for DQ in this huge battle. Get back on the field and be the leader that you are at a time when you're now needed the most. This city doesn't know how to handle a no nonsense coach like O'Brien. Bob Allen went on tv today and said he's "sanitized Jadaveon Clowny" like he's over there brainwashing players just because now they have to actually work for their stories. Andre needs to be this team's voice, if he comes back and they win big this year this season could make him legendary. O'Brien was there the year Randy Moss set the touchdown record...

4. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Wishing Quessenberry a full and speedy recovery! Hopefully it was caught in time and the chemo can be effective. A close friend of mine died from lymphoma in 2006... he was 23 years old when diagnosed and fought it for 3 years before passing.

5. Buck Turgidson

Sadly, the NFL does not have a great track record in this regard, but I hope you're right, the Texans as a franchise and the players can do whatever they choose to.

I spent 3ish years watching a 12+ year old kid go through this, it is definitely beatable.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I wish him all of the best during his recovery .

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Wish him the best. Like others said, MD Anderson is a great place to be at.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What a selfish way to view this situation. Frankly, pathetic.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Remember that ST player that had the neck injury a few years ago? Bob paid all his medical bills and offered to pay his way through college.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sad to hear this. My dad is in remission from large B-cell lymphoma. The treatment was very tough.

My thoughts will be with him. I hope he has plenty of people around him to show support.

1 person likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

Why? Cause I'm being honest. I and I think a lot of ppl want to see David beat this thing and I believe he will. But he needs the support of the of the entire team. This can be a time for Andre to cement himself as a legendary figure on and off the field in rallying the fans in support of David off the field and O'Brien on the field. Call it what you wantbut its real

12. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Damn. Praying for you! Nothing is impossible for God.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Inside Houston Texans lineman David Quessenberry's battle with lymphoma

<video width="853" height="480" controls="controls"><source src="http://media.video-cdn.espn.com/motion/2014/1221/dm_141221_nfl_david_quessenberry_feature/dm_141221_nfl_david_quessenberry_feature.mp4" type="video/mp4"/>Your browser does not support HTML5 video. Please update your browser to view this media content.</video>

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Quessenberry: &quot;I finished my treatments and I'm officially in remission now and into my maintenance phase.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/570677417213345792">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Quessenberry says he's in remission and into maintenance phase: &quot;I've been in the facility every day working out, lifting, training.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/570677984576856064">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Quessenberry says he's in remission and is back working out with his teammates: &quot;We're getting back to a sense of normalcy.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/570678426471944194">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Quessenberry in remission:&quot;I have30months of maintenance.During that time my hair should grow back.My counts should come back 2normal&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/570679570162159616">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Quessenberry says he's in remission and back working out: &quot;I should be able to play ball now.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/570679889050935296">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Quessenberry says he's in remission and back working out: &quot;I just love saying it. It feels amazing.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/570680366610157568">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Quessenberry N remission &amp; plans to play in 2015:&quot;That's my goal.It comes down to me &amp;my body &amp; the way it reacts 2training&amp; the heat&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/570682154256084992">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Quessenberry says he's in remission, back working out, hopes to play in 2015: &quot;There shouldn't be any medical hiccups.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/570682873344339971">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm not clear...is he in remission? :)

Great news!!

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Awesome news!

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So does maintenance phase mean he is still doing any kind of chemo or radiation? I can't imagine him being able to play or even practice if that is still going on at all. If not, I wonder what maintenance means here? Maybe just physical therapy?

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't heard it called maintenance, but it sounds like he still be getting routine check-ups but not receiving treatment otherwise.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If I were to guess, I'd say just getting back to a sense of normalcy. Watching his vitals and counts and making sure everything rebounds after an intense chemo regimen. Sounds like, per his Berman quote, he's done with chemo. Not sure if he's getting radiation, although I thought I read he was. As I said, total guess, though.

I wish this guy the best of luck, whether he returns to play football or not. If he does, it'd be awesome to see him in the Pro Bowl some day.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Sometimes you still get chemo in maintenance, just less doses and less frequently. It could help reduce the chance of recurrence if it is gone. You never want to say cancer is gone for good until you give it time to come back. Chemo during maintenance is to reduce the chances of it coming back.