1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Qualifications

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jerinrulz, Aug 5, 2000.

1. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

Ok, This is my proposal. Before you are allowed to claim possesions of inside sources on this bbs, you must have prior approval from clutch. You've got to talk to clutch before you can say anything of that nature. Either that, or in your post, give us proof. How? I don't know. Ask your sources for help on this. IF you are legit, then all you have to do is have clutch come in and back u up.

------------------
    Lookin at a 75 year old man in a thong: NASTY
    Lookin at Shaq hit free throws: "O SH**!"

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

or have more than 2 posts [​IMG]

------------------
    "The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life."
    ---George Carlin

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

or not be BobFinn [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Insulting fellow posters without my permission is not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Annoying Mango can be really FUN!
    5. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Eat MANGOES & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Finn, did you get 150 posts in 2 days?

------------------
    "At one of these governors' conferences, George [W. Bush] turns to me and says: 'What are they talking about?' I said: 'I don't know.' He said: 'You don't know anything, do you?' And I said: 'Not one thing.' [Bush] said: 'Neither do I.' And we kind of high-fived."
    --Republican Gov. Gary Johnson of New Mexico shares a verbal exchange that took place between he and George W. Bush.

(Quote is from the Los Angeles Times, 5/31/00)
    Dubyah Speaks

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

LOL

No, I think i had 30 something in 1 day though. Not even close to heypartner's record.

------------------
    "The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life."
    ---George Carlin

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Nah, Francis3 has to have that record with HeyPee coming in a close second.

[​IMG]

------------------

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Actually, anyone here could claim they have some sort of source...Whether it be some website or an actual source within the Rockets organization....I don't see why people should have to have approval from Clutch. How would new posters ever be able to establish themselves as a news source?

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

8. jerinrulz

Look man. Im not talking about websites and stuff like that. When you come in and say that you have inside sources, you have to establish credibility. If its not inside, but just something you heard, just say something to the tune of, I heard or I saw this somewhere.... Dont claim you have inside sources unless you can back that claim up.

------------------

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Nice sentiment, but, SCREW THAT [​IMG]! In this bbs, everyone gets a fair chance and no approval should be required. If someone says they have a source then it is usually false until proven true on this board anyway. Why bother Clutch? The man is busy enough as it is.
    I think that the whole point of a bulletin board service is to allow people to post their comments and views (whether they're from "sources" or not) largely unobstructed or inhibited by regulations.
    Plus, I don't think there has been a big problem with people making up fake sources in the past, at least not big enough to have to screen each and everyone of their posts. Ultimately its up to us, fellow posters and readers, to figure out which sources are real or not. And that's something thats usually easily revealed over the passing of time.

Everyone, please agree with me..Its way too late for me to be up arguing [​IMG]

------------------
    Ugh, Another Rockets off-season....I'm gonna need a keg
    of Pepto-Bismol.

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

30 a day BOb, NO WAY you raced from 900 to 1000 in nearly 24 hours and have just about kept up the pace, must be much more than 50 posts a day, well maybe 30 post is right plus the blank posts you added and then deleted in the middle of the night each day.

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Guys, I have to know, does anyone know what the actual record for posts in one day here? Just curious.

------------------
    of Pepto-Bismol.

[This message has been edited by AstroRocket (edited August 06, 2000).]

12. jerinrulz

I hear you astrorocket. I dont wanna botha clutch either. I just made this post becuz some clown got kicked off two seconds after his first post. If you look at my history, you'll see that I like to BS just as much as the next guy. But dont you get tired of hearing "I have an inside source"? Fine dont bother clutch, but atleast give us proof. There are some people that know what theyre talking about on this BBS, and it really diminishes their true value on this BBS when people come in with no shame and just go off. Please, have fun, thats y i read these posts, but at least have some sort of limitations.

------------------

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Jerinrulz, I understand your frustration. But right now I can see no other workable soultion than subjecting the guys with "sources" to our own scrutiny. Thats just one of the problems that comes along with the internet.

A lot of the time the only way to determine a person's credibilty is to watch and wait, or simply guess. Yeah, it sucks, but, like 2-pac said "That's the way it is." (okay, I know more people than him have said that but...you know, It was a good song).

------------------
    of Pepto-Bismol.

14. carlit0

carlit0 Member

The only way for someone to have a reliable source and for us to beleive it, is for the sh@t to happen. Proof is the only way to get respect. What you say has to come true,I don't care who the source is, that screen name is what matters to me. Believe me, if you predict something or get it from a source and it is of importance,and it comes ture, Your name will be remembered for the future..and it can go both ways.If your full of sh#t(negatively).

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

15. jerinrulz

now u see thats what im talking about. the problem is that more times than not, it is bs. so at least think before you post. and if youre gonna bs, do it well.

------------------

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I dunno, but there was one thread where The Cat and somebody had about 60 of the 100+ posts in 2 days. LOL!

HeyPee would have to be in the running for the title, too... he's gone on a "I hate speculation threads" rampage a couple of times.

------------------
    Just shut up and post

17. alaskansnowman

I agree with jerinrulz.

------------------
    president of the dan langhi fan club.