1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin's Useful Idiot At Work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Dec 30, 2016.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No Americans are the idiots. He is emboldened enough to do these things to our faces now because he's got evidence now that he can do anything and his 35% will stick with him, and the GOP will cower to him.

If you still support Trump after today then you are literally saying I'm okay with PUTIN controlling our elections. Plain and simple. We all own that responsibility for either supporting a con artist who is a Russian actor or not fighting against it hard enough.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

More reaction... but until more republicans speak out Trump will continue to sell America's best interests out to Putin...

Graham unloads on Trump: Blind spot on Russia 'undermining his entire presidency'
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...p-blind-spot-on-russia-undermining-his-entire

3. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

25% or whatever already see Russian interference as fake news and liberals are to be blamed for all fake news. So, this doesn't change anything for them. The rest of today GOP isn't going to abandon their team and this type of stuff annoy them more than anything. They will continue to put defense of all sorts. The cry baby, let it go your side lost, or your side is equally bad. The extraordinary level of rationalization to allow Trump behaviors will continue.

It is truly sad.

Deckard, JeffB and dobro1229 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Just to be safe (job security)...

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

I guess bipartisan objections and ridicule changed Trump's (er, Putin's) mind. One thing for sure with Trump, no position is ever sure, as he will change it on a whim...

Trump knocks down prospect of Russian-American cybersecurity unit
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ospect-of-russian-american-cybersecurity-unit

6. NewRoxFan

Hmm... as I posted before, not a biggie re: Ivanka sitting in for him at G20, but rather than addressing his son's apparent collusion, Trump decides these are critically important thoughts to share. And calling out one of Ivanka's friends in the process...

7. NewRoxFan

And two additional observations... (1) whenever Trump gets in trouble, he looks for a woman (usually Hillary, but in this case, Hillary and her daughter) to attack. Which shows he is even more of a putz. And (2), choosing Chelsea Clinton is an even more bizarre choice, as she has a Masters in Public Health from Columbia and a Doctorate in International Relations from Oxford.

JeffB likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

... and apparently, Chelsea Clinton is pretty good at twitter too...

9. NewRoxFan

Oh my... this is embarrassing...

White House: Trump 'heard Putin's denial' of election meddling, 'moved forward' with conversation
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ved-forward-with-conversation/article/2628190

Gee... if only one or two more people were in this meeting. Honest, competent people...

10. NewRoxFan

Maybe Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Donald Trump should get their lies together?

The Latest: Spokeswoman says Trump, Putin talked sanctions

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b1f0ff459df_story.html?utm_term=.f1b1b7054434

11. NewRoxFan

Apparently Putin's useful idiots now include republicans in congress... joining their orange comrade at 1600 Pennsylvania Street (when they can catch him off the golf course). No wonder they like the color red so much...

Russia sanctions bill stalled amid Trump Jr. emails
    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...a-sanctions-bill-stalled-amid-trump-jr-emails

12. adoo

adoo Member

This is one of the best take down of a Putin Apologist / Trumpanzee

While discussing Russian President Vladimir Putin's veiled campaign against ISIS, which experts largely believe is focused on keeping the government of Russia's ally Syria in power, Tucker Carlson said

[​IMG]
    "I'm not vouching for Putin's character. He seems like a shady guy, a strongman for sure."
    "Hard to see why he's a threat to us," he continued. "Why not just accept that people
    who are bad people share our interest and side with them
    ?"​

news analyst and retired US Army Lt. Col. Ralph Peters interjected
    "You sound like Charles Lindbergh in 1938 saying, 'Hitler hasn't attacked us,'"​

"I beg your pardon," Carlson said. "Hey, slow down, colonel. You cannot compare me to someone who can make apologies for Hitler. And I don't think Putin is comparable to Hitler."

[​IMG]

"I think Putin is," Peters replied.
    "I think it's a grotesque overstatement, actually," Carlson said. "I think it's insane."
    "Fine, you can think it's insane all you want," Peters said.

"You just compared me to a Nazi apologist because I asked a simple question," Carlson said. "Which is: Why does it contravene American interests to make common cause with a group that's trying to kill ISIS?"

"Because he invaded his neighbors, broken the long peace in Europe," Peters said of Putin. "He assassinates dissidents and journalists. He bombs women and children on purpose in Syria. He is as bad as Hitler."

The US has imposed sanctions on Russia for its invasion of Crimea in 2014. Putin has been accused of ordering the killings of people who have criticized the Russian government, and Russia has been accused of targeting Syrian civilians in its bombing campaign in the country last year.

"And I'm sorry, if you don't like the Charles Lindbergh thing, I will retract that," Peters said. "But let's just say you sound like someone in 1938 saying, 'What's Hitler done to us?'

"Putin is the equivalent of Hitler," Peters continued.

"You made your career being an American conservative patriot, and now you're suddenly cheering for Vladimir Putin?" Peters said.

"I'm not in any sense cheering for Vladimir Putin," Carlson said. "I am cheering for America as always. Our interests ought to come first. And to the extent that making temporary alliances with other countries serve our interests, I am in favor of that. Making sweeping moral claims, grotesque ones, comparing people to Hitler, advances the ball not one inch."

"Vladimir Putin is comparable," Peters said. "He hates America. He wants to hurt us. And I'm sorry, all this suddenly 'Vladimir Putin is a good guy, Russia's OK' — not it's not. Russia is evil. Russia is our enemy."

"You're not talking about dealing with them," Peters said later. "You're talking about an alliance, an anti-terror alliance."

"A good deed is a good deed, no matter who commits it," Carlson said. "Why not just say that?"
    National-security experts have said that Russia's claim that it's fighting ISIS, especially in Syria, is disingenuous, and that its interference in the country's six-year civil war aims to ensure Syrian President Bashar Assad, an ally, remains in power.

The heated exchange between Carlson and Peters lasted over six minutes. Toward the end,

Carlson asked Peters, "And do you speak Arabic, by the way?"
    "No, I don't," Peters said. "How's your Russian?"​

#92 adoo, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    NewRoxFan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice Job by Lt. Col. Peters!

14. NewRoxFan

From the interview with Pat Robertson, TBN The 700 Club. Yes, he actually said this...

Sweet Lou 4 2 and peleincubus like this.
  15. conquistador#11

It was a great rockets season, we had 94 games.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Would you surmise that it was a slip of the tongue (it has to be) or he actually does not know that ? If he doesn't that is a problem.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why would he know that? I would bet most Americans don't know that. It sure sounds like "20 countries," right?

The guy has never in his adult life seen the need to study up on much of anything. I don't mean that as an insult. It's all attitude, sloganeering, and gut instinct in his career. Works pretty well in high-stakes real estate, apparently. Maybe less so in international relations?

I just don't know what to say about this Pat Rob venue for a sitting POTUS. It's just extremely odd and seems to project: I'm running out of room here.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I did not know that, but I'm not the POTUS. I highly doubt dumb ass Trump knew it either.

19. NewRoxFan

Time for some more humor... this time at Kellyanne's expense...

No Worries and R0ckets03 like this.
  20. NewRoxFan