1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin addresses American people in NY Times -- he pimp slaps and humiliates Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 11, 2013.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

li'l t has looked into Putin's soul and he likes what he sees.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

It's okay comrade, we know how you admire Putin.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he keeps "rattling the saber"... Because it is working...

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am not sure in International politics, there is such a thing call international law and order beyond national interests. Sure domestically we can debate where the core national interest should lie and consequences of actions, but to say US should restrain because Russia says so in the UN ... :). I find this Putin piece a little amusing. Listen to him, what a Dove. If anything, the Obama administration has resorted to multilateral-ism much more often than its predecessors including for resolving International political issues. As some one posted, Putin is now reducing International politics to newspaper editorials. Guess what kind of country would let Putin publish such a piece in its most circulated newspaper.

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

If thats what you think putin thats your thinking. But for this American it show that the Putin just wants to protect one of his customers.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Russia saved no one there protecting there investment.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

putin wants to continue dominating the european natural gas market. obama wants to get the pipeline from qatar thru to turkey. the sheeple remain utterly clueless as always.

1 person likes this.
  8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

don't blame me, I voted for Mitt

[​IMG]

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, you did.

IF General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html?_r=0

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...8/wonkbook-mitt-romney-vs-the-47-and-himself/

Corporations are people, my friend ... of course they are.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61111.html

I'm not concerned about the very poor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/mitt-romney-very-poor_n_1246557.html

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't mind the Putin column getting a thread. Seems reasonable. What I dislike is the title. Putin, according to texxx, "pimp slaps and humiliates Obama," an addition to his thread title that was both inflammatory and unneeded.

You know, there are people who will start threads at the drop of a "pimp slap." I've been thinking about starting a thread about some information I found while doing research about Syria and chemical weapons. The respected publication, Foreign Policy, wrote an article about recently declassified CIA documents that clearly show that the late former president, Ronald Reagan, actually approved giving Saddam targeting information for his WMD assaults on massed Iranian troops in the late 1980's Iraq-Iran War. That's right. Reagan approved helping Saddam use chemical weapons. That was in breach of the Geneva Protocol outlawing their use, a document the United States had signed in the early 1970's, 15 years before. The thread title I was considering?

Was President Reagan a War Criminal? or, more to the point: Reagan was a War Criminal.

So far, I've passed on starting that thread, but maybe I should start several threads a week like that. After all, that's was certain members like texxx here love to do, thread after thread after thread. I could spend 2 or 3 weeks posting one inflammatory thread after another every other day about just President Reagan.

Is that what you want, texxx? You and your little cadre of fellow Obama Trolls? Would that turn you on? After all, it's topical. It's scandalous. And it could be argued that what Reagan helped Saddam do is right up there with Assad's recent acts of madness.

Still thinking about it.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Russia looking to pursue a diplomatic solution, one that's been discussed with the Obama administration on and off over the preceding year, affirms the notion that they are our number 1 geopolitical foe in your mind? Can't say I'm following that train of thought.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<MARQUEE>BREAKING: BIGTEXXX SLOBS PUTIN'S KNOB FAILS TO GET REACH AROUND</MARQUEE>

13. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I intrerviewed at gazprom when they opened their us office. interesting experience

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

How so?

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They asked him how many Chechnyans he's gassed.

16. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/albert-brooks/obama-putin-syria_b_3914774.html

Found this hilarious. At first I didn't realize it was written by Albert Brooks, and I got the "Russia, where no one smiles and where people actually look disappointed that they are white" line...

17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

No...it illustrates the point painfully about American exceptionalism and the mistaken notion that America is the world.

Why would Russia produce a Broadway play? It could easily be asked how come no Americans produce ballet in the Mariinsky or Bolshoi or how come they've never made a hit BBC show or produced a chanson star.

For airliners, there's Tupolev which is one of the world's largest air industry companies, and used by airlines all over the world and for autos, Lada, which as part of the Renault-Nissan-Lada group, is the third largest seller of cars in the world, after VW and Toyota.

Albert Brooks should stick to making movies and living inside his privledged American bubble that shelters him from actually understanding how the world's economy actually works.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure that the Cherry Orchard and The Three Sisters have been performed on Broadway. Plus Fiddler and the Roof was set in Russia and Dr. Zhivago won and Oscar.

Anyway I thought the Albert Brooks Obama letter was pretty funny.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I read this op/ed before and there are some striking truths against America. A lot of those points were built up when Dub**** ruined our international standing and credibility. I don't see what Texxx is talking about wrt Obama. Does he want Obama to strike or not strike? Maybe Obama can speak like Jebb's giblet r****d brother and jabber off catchy phrases like being a straight shooter and being The Decider while passing off the dirty work to his Vice President.

Who cares if Obama mentioned the Red Line a whole year ago? **** happens. He bluffed. They called it. N. Korea has done it all the time. Are they still around? Kim was a pimp you could respect, right?

Does any American really want to hurl rockets into Syria knowing that the strikes are limited and aren't designed to take down Assad? It's a ****ing mess. We aren't nation building. The response would only be to hold...grasp onto credibility of a man's words and enforce the Geneva Protocols.

It's like it's high school or something. Regardless, we still have the weapons to do whatever the **** we want, but since Dub**** ripped up our hall pass to roam around with it, we have to be a little more considerate instead of pulling a Clinton and lobbing missiles at Iraq or Bosnia, which I would add had Conservatives b****ing, moaning, and pissing all over themselves about how Bubba flaunted the law with unneccesary interventions.

Same old bull****. And pundits wonder why public sentiment is AGAINST intervention.

Yeah, I thought it was painfully ignorant to Russia's role and standing in sheltering authoritarian despots against UN intervention.

20. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I worked in credit. they say they dont exchange info like finacials. i asked how they can get away with that and they basically said if you want to keep doing business in europe you had to do business in the us.