1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put yourself as Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nbalopez23, Mar 28, 2013.

1. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

I am wondering why he isn't getting any playing time it's kinda embarassing to be honest. Yeah yeah I know Lin & Beverly pretty much have there PG slots filled, but HE CAN PLAY THE 2. He could of easily took Marcus Morris minutes also, but for some reason Delfino & Parsons just play more (Which just risks Parson long term) :eek:

Put yourself in his shoes we all know he had a BAD taste in his mouth when he was traded. I know he feels like we messed up his career he could of easily of started on another team, but we choose Lowry over him (Which I don't blame Rockets), but now we are SCREWING his career even more and basically toying him when he could just take Marcus Morris minutes. I bet right know he is thinking I HATE THE ROCKETS

We could easily of put him to backup Harden also (Which is playing way too much). Let the man play

2. choujie

choujie Member

Can he guard any 2 in NBA? Rockets have more trouble defending than scoring.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I agree with OP. It's not like Harden plays any defense anyway. AB can easily spare 5-10 minutes of Harden's PT.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Huh??? :confused:

5. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Can Harden, Morris, and even Delfino (At Times) guard anyone? That 39-32 record has nothing to do with our shooting guards playing defense

6. andersongo

andersongo Member

*Put myself as Aaron Brooks*.....Wow, I suck! Lol

Just kidding. Good old Brooks will not see the floor anytime soon as he cannot play good defense and since he is going to play 99% of the time with Har*en (who plays 99% of the whole match), not being a force on defence is going to be a big problem.

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Im pretty sure he knows he is here as an injury replacement

and with the way Lin always gets beat up it was a good move

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

How many minutes has Aaron Brooks played as 2 in the NBA?

9. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Me as Aaron Brooks: "hmm, so you'll pay me $2.5 million for half a season, I get to hang out with an nba team, I get to sit courtside at every game, and I get to root for a team headed for the playoffs?? Where the F do I sign up??" <---thats what I say

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Does Brooks still have a house in Houston, this signing would be pretty convenient for him and his family then.

11. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Don't worry, he will get his turn since Lin will be benched more in the future. Just be patient, and try to Mchale's lap dog will definitely help.

12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

In the words of Aaron Brooks on Rockets all access concerning NCAA Brackets

Brackets between Chandler and Brooks, After Chandler and Brooks make their picks whos in the lead?

Brooks says
    "Chandler you know has to worry about the Spurs and games that are coming up, you know, I'm more focused on Brackets haha"

He doesn't seem too upset at all, he knows his place

13. choujie

choujie Member

Morris is gone. Harden and Delfino CAN play defense when they want to, and Delfino plays good defense more often than not. AB CAN'T guard any 2 in NBA even if he wants to due to his body type. There is a difference here.

14. choujie

choujie Member

AB is a poor man's Douglas at this moment.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he's happy to be getting paid again, on a winning team, and back in Houston. Can't get much better than that at this point in the season.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Must be nice to get 2.5 mil for two mths of work

17. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

OP actually thinks that Morris played 2 for us at some point, and he seems to be unclear about his departure. On top of that, AB should take his minutes. So much facepalm in this thread, I really have no ****ing idea where to begin...

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Surely a mastermind of McHale's level can figure out a simple defensive assignment switch. It's not rare.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm sure Brooks knew the score coming in. Paid a lot in an environment he's familiar with to be injury insurance. He signed up as we're going down the home stretch. This isn't the time to monkey with rotations, and you want shorter rotations as you prepare for the playoffs, not longer ones. I doubt he's mad at all. This is precisely what he chose. And, being mad about it is probably the worst thing he can do for his market value because he carries some question marks about his attitude. Failing an injury to put him in the rotation, the best thing he can do for himself is be an enthusiastic cheerleader.

The offseason and next season are more interesting. It's quite possible that the Rockets will waive him to free up cap space for free agents. Then he'd have to find another team. It's also possible that the Rockets strike out on free agents and Brooks finds himself a Rocket in October. Then he needs to compete for a spot in the rotation with Lin, Beverley (if they're still around), and any other PG that might have shown up.

20. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

This.

He was basically in a postition where he could've taken a more significant role on another go nowhere team. Or he can wait his turn on an up and coming playoff team. He knew what was in store for him here. No sympathy needed.

I actually predict he will be necessary somewhere down the line. I'm not hoping for injuries or anything but you never know.