1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Pulling the RACIST Card! (oh, well... ummm... nm)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BigBenito, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

This is exactly right.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the kind of ridiculous PC crap that becomes just laughable, and makes those lodging the complaint look like fools.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

unfortunately I don't think the NAACP has adapted well to the times we live in. their entire focus was civil rights from formation up throught Civil Rights legislation. now there will always be issue of race, such as police profiling, are the immigration issue, but they would be better served focusing on a more conservative approach to improvement in the black community. meaning, look at issues of improving the community from the inside.

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

That is an interesting comment and highlights EXACTLY the point I've been making about PC for a couple years now.

To be PC, it requires you to know what the F you are talking about. If you do, then it is perfectly acceptible for you to openly discuss any topic you want ...because chances are you won't say anything offensive or contraversial. Even if you do, you'll be educated enough to explain your position. People who get into trouble about PC are mostly people who stay stupid crap about subjects they know nothing about.

So, my position is actually exactly opposite of your position. That to do PC correctly, it is mandetory that you are multicultural. But I'd agree with you that if you have no interest in learning about the cultures that you speak about, then yes ...it's best to just avoid certain words/topics so you don't look like an idiot because inevitably you start offending people.

...but if you think about it that's true with just about any topic ...not just cultural things. If somebody at work starts telling you how to do your job and you know they don't know the first thing about how to do your job, how do you think you'll feel about that?

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

It means I get to live in a society that prizes free speech and doesn't kowtow to thin-skinned race-baiting morons.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

free speech works both ways. you can say what you want and they can say they are offended.

7. krosfyah

...in what meaningful way does that improve your life?

For me, what's important is providing for my family, trying to be a contributing member to society and find some sense of personal fulfillment on the time given to me on this earth.

Spending my energy of deciding what other people should be offended about is about #6,378 on the list of things I worry about. ...but that's just me.

8. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Rap songs are more offensive than this Hallmark card.

1 person likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

wow, they said HOLE... people are freaking impossibly stupid.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

The NAACP is racist. :( They won't let me join their gang.

11. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

And I can rightly point out that they are morons for being offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc1zGRUPztc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-akk3gog34

Imagine what it would be like to live in a more PC world where incidents like that were more commonplace. Give these race-hustlers an inch and they will take a mile. They need to be marginalized and shamed for being so stupid. Instead, liberals/PC people actually celebrate their stupidity and encourage them.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The best part is 3:10 when he thought he totally pwned the interviewer. the look on the dumb chits face is priceless.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-akk3gog34&hl=en_US&fs=1&start=160"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-akk3gog34&hl=en_US&fs=1&start=160" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Obviously some of those people are hard of hearing and they misinterpreted what the card was actually saying. I couldn't quite understand what the card was saying the first few times I listened.

None of that is really my point however. The next time there is a racial issue involving the NAACP defending someone in their community you'll see the usual suspects of this board defaming them for getting involved. Like people of color need permission to defend themselves from racism.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Debbie, you should put down Earl's sausage, or get a grip. :eek:

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They're the racist ones for seeing race in something that has NOTHING to do with it. Pathetic.

16. krosfyah

Frankly, I could give a crap about the card or the NAACP response. The part I increasingly find annoying is this crowd that tells other people how they should feel about things.

What do you care if somebody is offended by something if you aren't involved. Why do you feel the need to involve yourself?

Just ignore it and go on about your life. There are more important things for you to worry about.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So when astronomers now talk about black holes, they are being insensitive idiots?

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Let me copy/paste some advice for you, since you seem to be angry.

The part I increasingly find annoying is this crowd that tells other people how they should feel about things. What do you care if somebody is offended by something if you aren't involved. Why do you feel the need to involve yourself? Just ignore it and go on about your life. There are more important things for you to worry about.

19. krosfyah

Given the context of the quote, I don't undertand your question.

But questioning the semantics of the term black hole is so silly that it isn't worth responding to. That said, people who feel they should make it a crusade to defend the term black hole need to take up a hobby.

20. krosfyah

haha. Nice. But I'm trying to make a distinction.

People love to pat each other on the back about being anti-PC? Why?