1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pulling the RACIST Card! (oh, well... ummm... nm)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BigBenito, Jun 8, 2010.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k--lBw8nTCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k--lBw8nTCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I came thiiiiissss close to posting this in Hangout, because surely this is a joke?

p.s. hopefully not a repost.
    p.p.s. seriously, NAACP? seriously?

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

black people are def yo

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

HA!!!

what a bunch of idiots

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If the NAACP can't find something to b**** about I guess they'll make something up.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EZLwQv27J7g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EZLwQv27J7g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Clip with just the card playing.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So Hip hop hamsters is not racist but this is?

DD

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

About time someone called out black holes on their racist BS.

8. amaru

amaru Member

LMAO @ everybody in here taking the NAACP seriously. :grin:

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's an undoubtedly stupid complaint, but if anybody else here helped desegregate the South, I'd love to hear about it.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what happens when you start letting the PC mob protest anything offensive....even things like "black holes" will have to be renamed.

Next you know all our text books will have to be changed when the NCAAP compains about the scientist that came up with the term "black hole" as being a racist.

11. AXG

AXG Member

What, get a life people!

12. Steve_Francis_rules

There are simply no words to describe how stupid this is.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Only in America do people complain about the stupidest things but let real racial issues linger on

1 person likes this.
  14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

The anti-PC crowd makes me laugh. Why is it sooooo important to you folks to be anti-PC? Suppose you "win" this issue and they keep distributing this card. What difference does it make to you?

I'm not commenting on whether the PC movement is sometimes overkill, I'm simply asking if the reaction to the PC movement is conversely overkill.

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I agree, however, a picture will do it...

[​IMG]

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I heard black HOLES but then I'm the guy who wrote a spoof back in 1977 about B.A.S.I.B. (Brothers and Sisters In Blackness-- a real group) protesting the Astronomy Club's (another real group) seminar on "Black Holes In Space" ... :grin: ... for our April Fool's issue of the school newspaper.

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

My complaint with the overly sensitive PC crowd is that they are doing more harm than good. How many times can you cry wolf before you're ignored on the important issues?

This isn't a PC issue this is a stupidity issue; forcing a company to pull a card because you do not understand context and you think you hear an R instead of an L...

How is that not making a mockery of the 'PC' crowd? Their overreactions deserve to be pointed at and made fun of. If the pointing and laughing goes overboard? Good, it will only help convey the message, "Enough with the antics!"

(But thanks! I'm happy I didn't post this in the Hangout now.)

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The NAACP is already ignored on the important issues by some of the very people who are posting in this thread. WTF should they care at this point what these same people think about anything?

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Well, I don't ignore the NAACP; hell, just in the last 2 weeks I was defending the organization at the office! Oh, look, I'm the OP!

Comets & kros, how do you feel about the card? Is it blatantly racist and deserve to be pulled?

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PC does nothing to stem racism or prejudice (just teaches people to hide it) and basically attacks people who say anything that is POTENTIALLY offensive or controversial. It sucks culture out of everything.

In it's own ironic way, it's anti-multiculturalism.

1 person likes this.