1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PS4/XB1] Madden 17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Aug 23, 2016.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Planning on picking it up today during my lunch break and checking it out this evening.

Has anyone played it yet? Early impressions? More of the same?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm really enjoying it. Lot of noticeable improvements, especially to defense. Franchise mode seems improved as well.

But yes...it's essentially "more of the same". If you like Madden, you'll really enjoy this one.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do you feel more in control yet? The PS4-gen Madden's have really bogged me down with canned animations and predetermined, ratings-based outcomes. It screws up the gameflow. Makes it feel like it's more of a sim than hands-on/stick-skills experience.

OR, it could be, that I'm just more accustomed to the non-existent (and dearly missed) NCAA Football experience.

The other thing that seems wild to me with Madden is the SLOW menus/load times/graphic overlays. The players look GREAT, but the game as a whole ran like it was in sludge.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Reserved it on Redbox. Gonna pick it up in a few.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sport games are so stupid, just play the one from last year..... Or the year before..... Or the year before..... Or the year before..... Same game.....

6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

actually, fun fact, they're different games

1 person likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Haven't played Madden in 3 years. Just put one on hold at redbox.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Got my copy through Amazon, should be arriving later today. Looking forward to trying it out but I never get my hopes up with EA. I never expect a perfect game but EA always has major flaws that get exposed eventually. Still, I like playing because it's a football game.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jq6vSbV-DhM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You could say the exact same thing for FPS, STRATEGY and RPG games.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The differences are pretty drastic when comparing each year, if you actually play the games.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

13. HR Dept

I bought the game during my lunch break and was on the phone at the register, looks like I picked up some kind of deluxe edition and it cost $79.99! :eek:

I didn't notice until I just happened to pull the receipt out of my pocket along with my phone. Needless to say, this copy is going back to Best Buy in exchange for the regular one.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This game is good. However, there is a major engine overhaul coming next version. EA moving sports games to the Frostbyte engine built for Battlefield. FIFA 17 is first and that game looks incredible. Madden 18 should be next.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The big thing that will be fixed with Frostbyte in Madden 18 will be the player models and animations.

16. HR Dept

Any chance that this get's EA back into the baseball market and finally give XB1 a baseball game?

Triple Play/MVP Baseball 18? :eek:

17. CallMeTheDream

Had to sit out this year. I've never been more disappointed in a madden game than 16 and honestly can't tell the difference between the years anymore. Might get 18 though if it's true about the engine switch

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Bought it last Thursday and have had it on the Xbox One available to play since. Haven't had a chance, though. Sucks.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I took 5 years off Fifa, picked up 15, and woah, I am overwhelmed. The goalie drill is impossible.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Mechanics yes but FPS's, Strategy or RPG's still allow you to enjoy different stories and offer different experiences and tasks..... For example Bioshock Infinite is a fps but the experience was breathtaking at times and it felt like an experience......

My first game on Sega Genesis was NFL 95........... NFL 95!!!!!!! Aside from the graphics not much has changed.... Its football, you chose a formation you press a or x to start play and then you press what ever button is assigned to a receiver or running back to pass them the ball...... There, every NFL game ever......

Here is an image of NFL 95, same game I used to play a long ass time ago....
    [​IMG]

Here is Madden 17
    [​IMG]

Same game.... Prettier graphics..... Idiots will continue to buy every year....

I have always wished someone released a basketball game or football game that wouldn't rerelease every year. A game that had tons of features and game modes with good online capabilities. Instead of releasing every year this game would update rosters and add small features like new arenas and music and possibly maybe even fix textures as the game progresses. Heck maybe even charge for the yearly update, $10-$20 Is fair. A long term game where I can take a franchise and play multiple seasons on and create a history with said team and said players. Write a story...... Nah, that will never happen as long as people keep buying the same crap every year and paying full price for updated rosters and gimmicks.....