1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS4 or Xbox One?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by houstontexans, Aug 5, 2017.

?

PS4 or Xbox One?

1. PS4

52.6%
  2. Xbox One

47.4%
  1. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I have been an Xbox guy since the first time I played Halo. I switched to PS4 this generation and have been very happy. I am sure that I would have enjoyed an Xbox but I wanted the Pro since I was getting an HDR TV. It also seemed to have better exclusives and I want some VR goggles soon. The only downside to my PS4 is the controller battery life sucks and other than that it has been perfect. I even can stream Rockets games on it using the velocityraps stream I get on Reddit.

I do want a Switch just want to play the new Zelda game and Mario Kart.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  2. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

It seems like a hard choice for me. Both systems are almost same in terms of great gaming. I will pick whichever are on good sale.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Might just come down to exclusives vs online multiplayer for you, then. Most everything else is pretty equal IMO.

4. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

anyone know when sony will release the next generation of playstation? over/under 5 years?

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Under, easily. I would go as far as to say maybe in the next 2-3.

As for the question: I'd say it's entirely preference.

PS4: Better single player games, more Japanese-centric exclusives, slightly better graphics (than a Xbox One, the Xbox One X will be significantly more powerful than even a PS4 Pro).

Xbox: Better for multiplayer games, more Western-centric exclusives, better synergy with PC (Play anywhere is becoming so prevalent that even third party companies are taking advantage of it. Play anywhere is Microsoft's buzzword for when you buy a digital game for Xbox or Windows 10 you get it on both). Xbox Live is also a much more stable / secure service.

If I had the time to play the games, I'd still have both consoles personally.

#25 seclusion, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. Poloshirtbandit

Sony has been releasing a new system every 6 to 7 years and PS4 has been out for a few years now sooooooo....

Kendrick Lamar likes this.