1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS2 & Carlos Rogers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketeer, Oct 26, 2000.

1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Man, I'am exhausted as Clutch. I got to wal-mart about 6 pm yesterday to get my PS2. I was number 24 out of 28 PS2's availabe standing in line and about a hundred people behind me. They were going to release the system at midnight. So I'am standing in line waiting with about 4 gone by and about 10pm guess who shows up? Carlos Rogers.
    Man, I gotta say that he is one of the most outgoing, and funniest characters I have ever met. The guy was hilarious, he was amazed at how many people had showed up. He is a true gamer him self, he described every system he had all the way back to the Atari. He was like " Man, whoever thinks can beat me at any game on Dreamcast can comeover to my house right now" no one questioned him. He made fun of the people that were at the end of the line even though they already knew there was only 28 systems. "Man, you guys ought to go to BestBuy in the morning, it's better to wait outside there than to stand here and know thatt your'e not gonna get one", everyone laughed. Some lady that didn't know who he was asked, "what time do they open?", Carlos responsed " I live right next to BestBuy, tell them that Carlos sent you and they'll let you in early". The women replied, "why, you work at BestBuy?". Carlos paused and looked at me, I smiled and a couple of buddies busted out laughing. Carlos the responded " Yea, I work there; I own BestBuy".
    Carlos hung around for like an hour and a half joking, and talking to us just about video games. He would had stayed till midnight becuse he wanted to see the face on the person standing in line after the last PS2 had been sold, but he was with his buddie and looked like he wanted to leave. Anyways, it was a fun night. Did anyone else stand in line?

------------------
    www.rocketzone.web.com is no more.

[This message has been edited by Rocketeer (edited October 26, 2000).]

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great story Rocketeer. Wow, 'Los rules!

------------------
    "Nothing is certain but the unforseen."
    Some Dude

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

cool story [​IMG]

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah that sounds like when Brian Shaw and me stood in line for 14 hours for Star Wars Episode one Tickets

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Why didn't you take him up on it????

------------------
    GO YANKEES!!! KICK SOME METS A$$!!! 5 GAMES BABY!!

6. RENDIGGLER3:20

Im with Pimp,you should have tooking him up on his offer!

Man that was a cool story I wished something like that would happen to me.

BTW,Did Carlos actually have to stay in line I would of thought he could have got a PS2 anywhere he wanted being a Rocket,oh did anyone ever tell that lady who he was?

------------------