1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Proud to be a Houston Rockets Fan! And Yao is not done yet!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, May 10, 2009.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What I have wanted for the last decade is to cheer for a team that has a chance to compete. I mean seriously compete for a title. To compete for some play-off success. To have a team that has real heart and real talent. No the Rockets will likely not get past the Lakers (but I’m not counting them out) and Yao Ming will not play another game as a Houston Rocket in this seasons play-offs. But this team gave me real hope and showed tons of heart and after McGrady went down they gelled into one of the best teams in the NBA. Does Cleveland seem like a team that is better than the Rockets? Not to me. How about Orlando? We spanked them twice in the regular season and Yao Ming owns Dwight Howard. How about Denver? We certainly faired good in head to head match ups against them this year. The only team the Rockets have not enjoyed some kind of success against is LA. I predict a Rockets win today and some success against LA…the Rockets are one of the NBA’s elite.

So thank you Houston Rockets! For giving this fan something to cheer about and something to brag about. We made it past the first round in convincing fashion and we are still battling in the 2nd round despite all of the bad luck to the health of our team. We took the next step. Was there a Houston Rockets fan on this planet that was not proud when we all watched Yao Ming fight back tears and refuse to go into the locker at the end of game 1. Damn that was a great moment to be a Rockets fan! Thank you Yao Ming!

And for those that say its time to cut our losses with Yao Ming based on his broken foot, I say not yet. According to sources, Yao’s recovery will be 8 to 12 weeks and no surgery. This means no summer basketball and Yao will be back in time for training camp. This injury is not likely to cause him to miss any regular season games or any training camp. I’m guessing if I were a fly on the wall in the Training room, I would probably be seeing Yao arguing with Keith Jones to just tape the damn foot and let me get back in the series. Yao you are a True Warrior! Let your teammates carry the load now, rest your foot and come back strong into training camp.

For those who say time to re-build I say you have lost your mind. Re-build? The Rockets make it out of the 1st round for the 1st time in 13 years and we want to re-build? First remember that we have no draft picks…at all. Landry, Wafer, Brooks, Lowry are all young….very young. We have a piece we can trade with Tracy McGrady. Scola should be even better next year than he has been this year…which is damn good. I’m certainly not done with this season yet but I’m still completely excited about next season. As good as this team was after McGrady left the team makes me think they will really be scary next year when they have had a chance to really gell as a team.

Disappointed? I refuse to be. This is a great day to be a Rockets Fan!

3 people like this.
  2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well said! The Rockets have fought back and thrived on adversity all year. Now is not the time to get down on this team and players. As you said, Yao's injury is not as serious as some of his previous ones, and he will be back ready to go to start next season. Yes, his injuries are concerning, but there is no reason to cut ties with the best center in the league at the very moment hi svalue is lowest.

Remember Grant Hill? Just because Yao has struggled with foot injuries doesn't mean he won't eventually be able to overcome them. He is worth taking the chance. Remember we would be sitting at home instead of the Phoenix Suns if he weren't on this team.

In the mean time, the Rockets are still a deep and talented team. Even without Yao, they have a chance to win any given game. They may not win the series, but I trust them to put up a damn good fight. GO ROCKETS!!!

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I guess I'm a cold, heartless b*stard. My feeling was more relief that it wasn't more serious. The same thing happened in the regular season where Yao bumped his knees, it looked really serious at first, but then he just shook it off. It seemed more dramatic here because it was national TV against the Lakers, and they had a camera on him in the tunnel.

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

The post-season isn't over! Nevertheless it was great!
    Why?

- We finally past the first round with a team who the media said wasn't going to get to the playoffs!

- We shut down ESPN "EXPERTS" predicting a 1st round loss!

- We gave/are giving the Lakers a run for there money and won Game 1 in LA, showing we can play with heart

- Our team shows good chemistry and most important, shows HEART, something that we doubted in the beginning of the season

- Ron can "control" himself and be an important player in the post-season. Thing he used to not do before!

GO ROCKETS!
    (hey atleast we aren't the Kings)

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

crash5179: I feel the same way about this team. Even if the odds for a championship aren't great, I want to see Yao, Ron and the rest go for it, and give it their all for one more year. Houston can live with putting off the "blowing up" process for one more year. And if the Yang Yi interview posted in the "Time to end The Yao Ming Era" thread is right about McGrady having financial problems, we might even see a motivated McGrady next year.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Getting ejected in the fourth quarter of game 2 with 7 minutes left shows he can control himself?

Alright.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post and we shouldn't give up on this team!

GO ROCKETS!

8. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Who woulda thought at this point.. the only big 3 stand would be Ron.. and we'd be faced with the playoff burden that is the lakers with only heart and minimal offensive talent left..

and the truth is, i still think we can make this a 7 game series.. Adelman needs to know how to motivate his players and have them believing and playing with synergy though.

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

We have Ron, Scola (Mr. Consistent), and we'll need someone else to fill in. It can be a combination of Landry/Wafer/Brooks/Lowry

We are not done, and dare I say it, our offense might be much more fluid because we won't be trying to force feed Yao whose bring fronted

GO ROCKETS!

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

In Ron's defense, the league reviewed BOTH of his ejections and ruled in FAVOR of Ron both times. The ref's on the court demonstrated they couldn't control themselves or the game.

I love Ron's heart ...but hate his history.

I love the Rockets more than Ron, however. This will be a tricky summer for Morey cause there is a lot of different directions we can take regarding Ron, TMac and now Yao. Even if mistakes are made this summer, I'm still a Rockets fan for life.

11. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Can not agree with you any more. Props :)

12. dejamike

dejamike Member

very well said

13. Bornz

Bornz Member

Exactly.

I want you guys to do something. Go here.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=86692&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Yes, I know it's a Lakers Fan Forum, but that doesn't matter look at the posts.

And most of you guys are actually doing the opposite, instead you guys are ranting and ranting and ranting...

TC is right. Yao isn't done. The Rockets aren't done. And this series isn't over yet.

14. allenz

allenz Member

100% agree
    well done

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree with you. Ron had a total of 3 techs all year and no flagerants (until game 2 of the Lakers series). I think that is huge and tells how far Ron has come.

Like you I am Rockets first so what ever moves Morey makes I am hoping they are the best moves.

16. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

+1 :D

17. The Brian

The Brian Member

what if we made the finals.

do you think yao could ocme back and play? :D

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't know if you're just playing devil's advocate, but this is terrible logic.

Even the Lakers (and the league itself) knew that wasn't deserved. That was a foul you see in every game ... a hard foul on a fastbreak.

I didn't like Artest when he came here, but he's shown me a completely different Artest.

19. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Like this thread. And it nt over until we lose 4 games. Give em hell today Rox, Go for blood!!!

20. milkshake

milkshake Member

Great post! Go Rockets!