1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Proud of you Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Butterfingers, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

The fans really showed up for the playoffs this year. I have been to at least one playoff game ever since the Yao-Tmac era and this was by far the best crowd I have ever seen at Toyota Center. I'm sure it isn't as loud as OKC or SAS stadiums but compared to what I have seen in past playoffs and our regular season I was proud to cheer with y'all tonight.

I began to lose hope at the end of regulation when it seemed like half the crowd was leaving but it seemed like everyone had to pee as I saw mostly everyone come back to their seats (I am sure a small amount went home though as it was past midnight and it was a work day).

Notes: Great to see Beverly get into Lillards head in the 3rd. Hope he comes back somehow. This series should determine whether Mchale stays as our head coach. I like to give people (especially people who represent our city) the benefit of doubt but I always was under the impression he was the coach that we hired to tank with especially since his time as GM at Minny was full of horrible decisions.

#1 Butterfingers, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

fans need to hold it. thAts weak sauce

3. Andrew Wiggins

We were crazy during games 1 and 2 against utah the first time. But that was after missing the playoffs and being upset about the mavs series/officiating so it was expected.

And again when we finally advanced to the second round during game 6 against portland. We all felt it and it was fun. I just ignored this old lady who looked at me like stop cheering so loud right behind me. She was an obvious bandwagon fan.

Only three games ive been to, cant speak for others.

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This game proves McFail doesn't know how to coach. When i see Harden caught the ball 10ft away from the basket with 3 secs left before OT, why did he proceed to run to the 3pt arc and try to win it with a 3? The game is tied up!!! You don't need a 3. And during OT, when we're down by 1pt with about 40secs left, why is Harden shooting 3? He's the best at drawing foul...who the hell prevent you from attacking? Because Harden continuing insisting not attacking the basket for basically the entire game, i blamed on nobody but the coaches for not telling him that. So that's why i say McFail doesn't know how to coach.

On the other side, Lillard is attacking the basket knowing his team only down by 1pt and he attacks aggressively in order to draw fouls. Anyway, i said enough....this team has some stupid player and coaches. It's not that talents that lose this game, it's stupidity. This team has the talents to beat any team if they play smart.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yup, the TC crowd showed up. Cheering and booing from the start, laughing at Bev's antics.

If only the crowd can score points

6. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I disagree, midway through the fourth quarter about a third of the seats were empty. I know it was a late tip-off but come on it is the playoffs. The overall environment in the fourth quarter and overtime was pretty pathetic and not the least bit intimidating.

7. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

The crowd last night was like the fire at the circus... intense.

Playoffs almost always seem to be a good atmosphere at TC though.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And all for what a lost? I was there and it was heart breaking don't expect the same thing Wednesday that's for sure.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

fixed

10. ChippedToothLin

End of regulation = time to get a beer!!!

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

This same thing happened to me and my brother at the Yao/Artest era playoffs. My brother and I went to game 2 against Portland, had 100-level seats and a couple behind us in the 4th quarter had the audacity to tell us to sit down cuz they couldnt see... "i said screw you, if you cant see, go home and watch on your TV"

12. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Great thread. Whoever jumped off the bandwagon already after the loss is not a true Rockets fan. Go away you freaking pretenders. Go Rockets!!!

13. Classic

Classic Member

Or should TC stock???:

[​IMG]