1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Props to Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by johnnydeezy1, Feb 24, 2016.

1. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

I feel for him and Howard the most ...

2. hakeemthagreat

I like Ariza. He seems like one of the few guys that actually cares we suck this season. His game is tolerable if he just shoots the ball. But him driving to the basket is a trainwreck waiting to happen every time. Baffles me how a player that's been in the league that long can't dribble the ball in a straight line to the basket

3. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

He hangs his head just like the rest of them.

4. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

I love ariza. He's been playing his butt off and hasn't whined about how bad this season has been even though he's been on much better teams, had success, and could've asked for out. He could still contribute to a great team. I feel bad for him and Terry. I wouldn't have blamed them if they asked to be traded to contenders. While I'm at it, I love patbev too.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ariza on the Cavs would win a title or two easily. That's why they want him so bad.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The 3&D Ariza we knew and loved from last year is not the Ariza that has showed up this year.

His defense is way down and his offense has always been below average.

Statistically speaking Ariza and Jones have regressed on defense more than anyone on the team this year. Hopefully this is just a **** year for everyone and things turn around defensively next season.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree... for it is all for the glory of HARD-ON! (trumpets blare...)

8. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Ariza is the only man I'd consider going....nvm. I like Ariza.

9. anchel

anchel Member

He's playing much better under JB improved offense.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If we can sign KD in the offseason, him and bev are the perfect type of guys to surround harden and durant with.

Ariza hits over 40% on 3s with no one within 5ftmof him. Bev is also a good spot up 3py shooter. Both play defense.

Those guys would get so many open 3s playing with JH and KD.

Honestly I hope that harden howard bev ariza capela and Harrell are the only guys left from this team next year. Add KD and a rebounding Pf (maybe dmo is he's healthy and in budget) a few young Cheap players who could grow into more and I think you have a very good core.

Bev
    Harden
    Ariza
    Durant
    Howard

That's a linup that can matchup with GS and SA and actually win imo.

1 in 4 out on offense and if you get harden playing last years defense players 2-4 can all guard multiple positions on switches.

I hope Morey and his nerds are collecting the data to show how potent that lineup would be.

Add Capela Harrell and 2 wing players and that's a bench that can hustle grab rebounds and score a few points if there playing with one of KD or JH.

Stagger there minutes.

This season has been an eye opener but I think the core group or JH,DH,bev and ariza is a solid building block if your trying to add that last superstar piece.

Im a homer but I don't think its that far fetched.

Just got to hope Okc Flames out quick in the playoffs.

11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He is splashin this year but his D regressed

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

His D has regressed a lot but he compliments James very well.

13. rocketshopeful