1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Problem Revisited] Watching Rockets games- Dish User

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamRoxCoogFan, Oct 29, 2007.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

Alright guys,
    Seasons gonna start tomorrow, and I need to find a solution before I miss a game... I have Dish, so I dont get FSN (at least im pretty sure, i looked and no dice). anyone able to hook me up with the alternatives via computer, etc? any and all help appreciated. or am i completely wrong and there is some option for me to watch the rockets on Dish network?

2. uchlha

uchlha Member

its under one of the sports alternate channels for some reason

3. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

I have Dish and the games are usually on 444 or some nearby alternate. Tomorrow's game is on TNT however.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

dish network? where you live? if you don't live in houston, you need the league pass to watch all games except those in national tv.

5. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

At my parents house back in houston, we have a really really old version of dish network [the operating box], so I get FSNSW [not FSN houston] which is channel 416 and then i randomly get Alt 1, 2, and 5. And for the past 2 seasons with my luck, rockets games have never been on FSNSW or the Alternate channels that would show up on my tv guide.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

sorry for not clarifying-
    i live in houston, more specifically, pearland. I always am excited about the games on natl television because then i know theyre on (like tomorrow), but ive never been able to see rockets games on FSN (only KNWS, ESPN, ABC, TNT, etc) so its on some alternate channel?

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

also, further clarification- i got a brand new HD DVR receiver, so i guess im on the 'new' system?

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

ur lucky tommorows game is on tnt

9. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

With Dish Network you have to buy the sports alternate package ($5 more)...this gives you FSN-Houston. Call the Dish people and add it to your package, it's worth it for all the Rockets/Astros games.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

like wig said, you have to pay extra $5 bucks to get fsn-houston.

11. pelbeaini

pelbeaini Contributing Member

You don't need to buy any extra sports package, they usually have the game on the alternate channels between 444 and 453. And you can watch it with your basic dish pack, there's no need to order it or pay anything extra.
    you can start watching 30 minutes before the game. and it's stays on 10-15 minutes after the game.

12. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Exactly!

Not far from you and 444 and the alternates work well for me. Use the on screen guide.

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Anyone know if we will be able to see the FSN HD telecasts(that FSN has been bragging about for a while now) on DISH??

I know many of the alternates have a HD alternate with the same channel number. Though none of the Rockets preseason games were in HD.

14. streetx613

streetx613 Member

that used to happen to me too.
    i used to get FSNSW on 416 and only bout 3 alternate channels. so i called "dish network" and they re-downloaded my program guide or something like that. and now i get all the alternate channels.

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

On Dish Network the HD version of Fox Sports SW is 366. Most of the Astros games were in HD channel 366 by the end of the seaon so I'm expecting lots more Rockets games to be on this HD channel. Otherwise, what everyone else has been saying is right. Use your guide button, start on channel 416 and work your way up to channel 450 and you'll find the Rockes games. You may even see a Rockets game listed twice (one is for the other teams broadcast - you'll be blocked from watching that one) just skip past that one and find the local feed. ;)

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

OR if you get 'America's 200' or 'America's 250' you get the sports package for free, which includes FSN.

17. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

I have had the same problem (the past two seasons) and unfortunately it doesn't look like there is much you can do. I called dish and they said that according to where I live I am not eligible for the alternate channels. They say that its Foxsports who determines whether you can get those alternate channels or not.

18. Nero

Nero Member

According to the Chron, the home games WILL be in HD in the future as soon as THEIR FREAKING HD TRUCK ARRIVES, WHICH WILL BE SOME TIME IN DECEMBER??

WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS IS UP WITH THOSE GUYS??

HOW can they not have had that already taken care of before the season starts?

Come ON you MORANS!!!

Pull your FSN HEADS OUT OF YOUR RECTAL ORIFICII AND GET IT DONE!!!

(grrr.. I wish I could say I feel better now, but NO!! grgrrrrr)

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm confused now....

the games wont be in hd until dec?

20. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Man, living in Dallas sucks. All of the ALT channels are blocked & and the FSNSW = Dallas. Grrr.

I should call & find out about WHY the ALTs don't work.