1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pretty decent chance Sergio Llull gives NBA a chance next season. Per Marc Stein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robroy77, Mar 20, 2015.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Llull era begins.

2. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Is Llull pronounced as "YOU-ee" or "YOU'LL" as mentioned in Stein's blog?

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'll believe it when there's a Wojbomb or something. I'm not going to let myself get excited about a Stein source saying "pretty decent chance."
    Cause I really want [​IMG]

That said, Llull to Houston next year would be excellent for our PG rotation woes. I've said it before though, the dude is king s**t of f*** mountain over there in one of the coolest cities in the history of humanity, Madrid. He's paid accordingly and has the whole country jump to the snap of his fingers. It's going to take a lot for him to move to the NBA.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Considered better than Llull, everybody could see that Pap is a system player who really lacks NBA athleticism and scoring. Good addition to your team but no star.

Llull would be a capable scorer from the beginning and ready to play a bigger role. His game and athleticism is perfect for the NBA game.

That said, this news about him wanting to come over completely contradicts all paßt interviews and info, don't know why he'd change his mind out of nowhere now.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Pretty decent chance? I'll believe it when I see it. There is a pretty decent chance, no a certainty that we could have used him this year. I feel like if we don't make noise in the playoffs, it will be because of the weaknesses in our backcourt. If Dwight can come back strong, the frontcourt seems pretty formidable. We may have to see a lot of Harden and Brewer in the backcourt.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'll just leave this here...
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yr7zdTpgwBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Real Madrid vs Sevilla. <a href="https://twitter.com/23Llull">@23Llull</a> + prospects <a href="http://t.co/bAmV67a552">pic.twitter.com/bAmV67a552</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/577182964452225024">March 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Needs to be a big PG and play D to be next to Harden. He's big enough but does he play D?

8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Better then Bev.

9. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Haven't seen a lot of his games...but what I've seen, not impressed.

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[​IMG]

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lol that's papa that left lull open in the corner for the game winner haha. #teamchemistry

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That's papa that left lull open in the corner for the game winner haha #teamchemistry

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Hes a combo guard thats in constant attack mode. He seems like everything we wanted out of Dragic.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What does his contract look like overseas?

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've been disappointed so many times about Llull coming over, and then not coming over, that I'm taking this "news" with a lot of scepticism. That said, if he does finally come to Houston, I think he'll be a fan favorite and a major addition to the roster. Major as in a major plus. At 27, he's young enough to fit in with the rest of the guys, age wise, so while the wait has felt like forever, and damn near has been, consider how much experience the dude has. Sure, not in the NBA, but with one of the top Euro teams. Some were unsure about Luis and he adapted extremely well, in my opinion. I also think Llull will.

Not going to hold my breath, though. I've been pumped about getting Sergio before, with zero result. We'll see. Another thought is, how would he fit into our cap space? He isn't going to take chump change. He'll want a lot more than Kostas got, in my opinion.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Are you saying his defense is better than Bev? I'm not gonna pretend I've watched him play, so I wouldn't know.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You-ee. According to his wiki, Sergio = "Ser-HIO" -- so we may just be butchering the whole damn thing lol.

18. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

If he is on the Rockets he will call him "turrible".

1 person likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know what his buyout would be, but my understanding is that we can contribute $625,000 towards it next season (which I'm assuming would include this summer). Morey paid Denver $2,250,000 for the rights to Llull, which has to be some kind of record for a 2nd round pick (actually, I think it is a record). Morey must want him badly. He's around 6'4" and a combo guard who would fit in nicely with Harden, in my opinion. Supposed to be great at the pick and roll and a good defender. Has improved his 3 point shooting and is good at the charity stripe. Loves to run, so he would love playing here, if he ever does play here.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The correct pronunciation is "LL-U-LLZ"

-------------------

Also, I'm getting a strong "Harden of Spain" vibe from him.

If he doesn't get a clear and prominent role on the squad, he'll go the way of Juan Carlos Navarro