1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Preseason Game 3] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by theimpossibles1, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Malaya

Malaya Member

I've always wondered why they can't put some of our Dline on the Oline. Would help out tremendously, I would think

(ducks for cover)

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

fitting way to end this miserable game

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Better to see BOB's traditional goose egg come up in a preseason game.

smitheygerard likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

The good thing about this is it lowers the expectations we have of the offense for the season. Some of us started getting excited after the last preseason game. Now I'm expecting just a little better than last year's offense.#LoweredExpectations

deb4rockets5 likes this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

It has been a bad week, and I was hoping for an entertaining game. I was not entertained.

smitheygerard likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

"3rd preseason game is most like the regular season, like a tune-up."

Great tune-up tonight.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hopefully the Mayweather fight is more entertaining

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are any starters playing Thursday?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's about to be a night of disappointments.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

O'Brien: "I think we are going to have to head to Dallas. We aren't getting back to Houston tonight.We are praying for everyone in Houston."

Bill O'Brien says he's not sure about the specifics about flying to Dallas but he's certain the team can work with the Cowboys on practices

O'Brien on defense: "They did a good job. I thought defense and special teams did a good job."

O'Brien on defense: "It looked like we tackled well and we stopped the run well. We held up the red area, which was good to see."

O'Brien on offense: "We have to be better. We've got to get back to practice and fix the things that happened here."

O'Brien on facing @Saints: "I thought we got a lot out of the joint practice. I thought we improved."

O'Brien: "Nothing has been set about the game Thursday night (against Dallas)."

Savage on game: "We didn't score so, obviously, that is on the quarterback."

Savage: "Obviously, you aren't going to show everything in the preseason. I think we shot ourselves in the foot."

Savage: "It is part of the preseason. There is going to be injuries. I think the guys are doing a good job of stepping up and making plays."

12. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Texans should be re calling Duane Brown's ph # soon. O'Brien and Rick Smith should be let go for passing on Derrick Carr.

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This game sucked!

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

For the 1000th time, Bob McNair is responsible for Derrick Carr not being a Texan.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

was looking forward to this game all week and i actually dozed off at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. what an boring game. and don't tell me good defense by both teams either. there was some good D but texans O was an abomination.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

They didn't bring juice whats Charles James up to these days

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  17. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I am sick of hearing about Bill O'Brien being an offensive genius. I would rather watch Kubiak's zone scheme and boot legs any day. This is unwatchable and now they are killing themselves with penalties to make it even worse.

I don't think Savage survives 4 games with that offensive line. I hate to even think it but I believe we will be regretting moving up to get Watson. I think Watson can play in the NFL but not in O'brien's offense where nobody seems to get open and you have to be Tom Brady accurate to make it work. Watson is not accurate enough and dink and dunk stuff won't get it done. Meanwhile, the Saints are open all day against our secondary.

Our first 5 games scare me: Jags, @Bengals, @Patriots, Titans, and Chiefs. We could EASILY be 1-4 in that stretch.

The whole Duane Browne thing is a joke. He's going to come in week 1 and pop a hammy. Then he will be back for week 13 and it won't matter anymore. You did it for JJ and you did it for Andre. Duane is one of your best players in franchise history. GET HIM IN CAMP TOMORROW. We don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick next year. How are you going to replace him? Oh.. and how about we lock up DeAndre as you promised last year?

My prediction Bill O'Brien and the Texans part ways after the season, 5-11 record, and we will be the most miserable fan base come draft day watching our top 10 pick go to the Browns and our 2nd rounder as well.

End drunken hurricane rant.

18. Malaya

Malaya Member

Watson will be okay. But we need a coach who can use his strengths and hide his weaknesses. Foolish to remake him completely in year 1.

mario_v likes this.
  19. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

You can tell this lie of yours 1,001 times and it still isn't true. Take BOBs manhood out of your mouth and you will be able to watch the games.

20. conquistador#11

PAY BROWN! No time to be measuring penises. allen, who o brian wanted because of his mean streak, keeps getting ambushed. he is not missing assignments, he is getting thrown back and man handled at the point of attack.
    A lot of penalties by players that won't make the final cut stalled 3 drives in the first half.