1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predictions for the Next Key Rocket's Addition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samerth.is.so.b.f.g., Nov 11, 2017.

1. samerth.is.so.b.f.g.

Hey all, I'm under the impression that this rockets team is still not complete yet and we will be adding a key player or a couple in the coming year(s). So, who do you predict will be the next key addition to join the rockets and how do you predict that they will they join us (through free agency, via trade, etc)

Even though this team is great, I think there are a few pieces missing for this team to really dominate like the warriors. I would assume that harden and cp3 are well known and well respected enough throughout the league and they might recruit another big name or solid player to join the squad.

As a general rule, in this thread, you are allowed to name up to five different nba players in your prediction and none of them can be with the rockets already, the first being the most likely to join.

My predictions are

1. DeMarcus Cousins (ufa who will be receptive in free agency)
    2. Brook Lopez (that would be awesome, can shoot threes, good fit in the system)
    3. Kenneth Faried (trade, too many pf's in Denver, would be legit as well)
    4. Jahlil Okafor (I'm already pretty high on him from his rookie season)
    5. DeAndre Jordan or Greg Monroe

2. riko

riko Member

Lopez in this offense would average career numbers.Having said that Clint>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lopez

jamisonrocket and ilovehtownbb like this.
  3. Roxs-Redemption

I didnt want to comment on this thread. But dude, I love the team chemistry right now, did you even see the team celebrating together in the last two minutes of the game against the Cavs when Harden ooped up for Capela And-1! Ariza was there crediting and pushing off Tucker to energize him for his hustle plays!
    Exhibit A:

If anything, just want home Ryno to improve a lot more (with his shooting struggles) and let Capela continue to develop his game; I would love to keep Capela here past his prime and retire in a Rocket's jersey!

4. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

LeBron.

James.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

'Needle movers'? Like non.

Also listed a bunch of fives. Do you think Clint Capela is going somewhere else?

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

would be very disappointed if the next key addition were any of the players that u mentioned 2-5, I don’t consider any of them to be key additions, especially the likes of Okafor, Monroe, and Faried...

a key addition would be someone like Paul George in free agency

7. rocketseagles07

-Boogie is a possibility I guess but he'd have to change his game and we'd have to move clint plus more for salary purposes
    -Brook would fit spacing wise but that's it... and he's not better in the pick and roll than nene or capela unless he's spotting up
    -Absolutely no need for Faried, there's a reason he's not getting playing time plus who are we moving for him?
    -Okafor again doesn't fit and he's a terrible defender. Just like Monroe the ONLY way I see him signing is if it's on a minimum contract which won't happen
    -We already could've acquired DJ.. didn't happen

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I would vomit for 38 straight days if Lopez found his way into a Rockets jersey.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I believe the Rockets will standstill this year, and go with what we have.

The Rockets have a 50% chance of landing LeBron next year. The way I see it, it's between us and Los Angeles.

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

With the way Clint keeps improving, I’m starting to think that we should forget about Cousins too. I think our team would be better if we upgraded the SF or to a lesser extent the PF position with a star.

Capela is already very good and continues to get better. Ariza and Ryno aren’t very good and won’t be getting any better. Those 2 positions are our weak links. If Morey can find a way to bring in a star forward while still keeping the core of CP3, Harden, Ego, and Clint together then I really like our chances against GS.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Next key addition is JVG

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

leaddition

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  13. StrawberryJamm

Troy Williams. I like the team as is, we just need some depth that MDA will play so he doesn't run our vets into the ground.

photojoe and GottaHaveHeart like this.
  14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This, it's clearly not working out in OKC as of right now. He'd be an elite fit in our offense, and give us that 3rd star.

SIL

Reeko likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Have to be really careful with consistently targeting talented players and asking/expecting them to change their game. It works sometimes and doesn’t either times. I wouldn’t count on Cousins changing his game to fit on the Rockets.

You also have to be careful targeting players that are not perimeter threats. In the Rockets offense you need to be able to roll to the basket if you are a 5 and everyone else needs to be a perimeter threat. You add someone like Faried and you can’t play him with CC or Nene.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Someone that shoots a lot of threes.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Those guys wouldn't do ****, they won't make us better at all...except for Boogie, which would come with some question marks but eh, at least he's an amazing talent so he's at least worth the risk.

Lopez is a bad defender, injury prone, poor rebounder and is going to get paid.
    Faried has no range and plays zero defense so you can't play him at the 4 and neither at center.
    DeAndre is basically Capela with more strenght but also more age, less brain, less upside (or better, no upside left) and a bigger contract in few months.
    Monroe, and same thing about Okafor i guess...are old school pf's like Kanter, and they don't fit as starters in this league.

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I could go for:

OUT:
    Ryan Anderson: (17/18)

31.4 mins, 11.8 pts, 5.5 rbs, 0.8 ast, 42 FG%, 37 3P%, 86 FT%, 14.6 USG%, 120 ORtg, 109 DRtg, 12.7 PER

In:
    DeMarre Carroll: (17/18) Brooklyn Nets

28.4 mins, 13.5 pts, 6.9 rbs, 1.5 ast, 43 FG%, 37 3P%, 75 FT%, 18.3 USG%, 114 ORtg, 106 DRtg, 17 PER
    Trevor Booker: (17/18) Brooklyn Nets
    22.1 mins, 10.8 pts, 7.4 rbs, 1.8 ast, 50 FG%, 33 3P%, 52 FT%, 22.2 USG%, 103 ORtg, 110 DRtg, 15.6 PER

Rockets unrestricted free agents this summer:
    CP3
    Ariza
    Black
    Luc MaM

Not bad, not great pickups. Booker would be a rental, as he is a free agent at seasons end.

Ryan Anderson (approx salary): $19.6 mil (17/18); $20.4 mil (18/19); $21.5 mil (19/20)
    DeMarre Carroll (approx salary): $14.2 mil (17/18); $15.4 mil (18/19)
    Trevor Booker (approx salary): $ 9.1 mil (17/18)

Rockets would then land CP3/LeBron/Ariza to go along with Harden/*Capela/Tucker/DeMarre Carroll this summer

*Capela RFA contract matched

Edited: left off Eric Gordon
    1st team next year: CP3/Harden/Ariza/LeBron/Capela
    2nd team next year: CP3 or Harden /Gordon/Tucker/Carroll/Nene

#18 ApacheWarrior, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  19. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Agreed. If we aren’t getting an elite forward then do not want.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am confused. Why would the Nets do this?