1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, Oct 20, 2009.

1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

What do you guys think about the rockets chances of making the playoffs this year? i dont know if this has been asked but if not then i will say they will make it to the playoffs this year. There is just something about this team that makes me confident.. sure we dont have a go to guy, but I feel mcgrady will come back strong, and also the guys we have on our roster are so SCRAPPY and tough. i feel that they will always play with that intensity that led them to the 22 game win streak, and the series against the lakers. and i feel that they want to prove ALL the critics wrong... (yes, even our own fans.. which is sad)

I just want to see before the season starts, who believes that they will make the playoffs.. cause if they do real good this season i want to look back at what people have said about this team.

I believe.... do YOU?
    thoughts?

2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I think there's a good chance of making the playoffs, if McGrady stays healthy. They're not going to be on the level of the Spurs and Lakers, but this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

3. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Nope, no playoffs this year. I think 42-44 wins is our peak, and we could go as low as 36-38.

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

yea for sure.. this team will never fold over or give up.. and as for you thadeus.. thats real immature of you, im just asking a question.. i dont want any smart ass responses

5. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

My mind is saying no but my heart is saying they will surprise everyone and prove people wrong like they do every year. As long as McGrady comes back healthy next month and is back to normal, I believe we will make it. We can never doubt these Rockets. I'm proud to be a fan.

6. Jaingfang

Jaingfang Member

I think that this team can be suprisingly good, the biggest problem I have is...Where is our blocks going to come from!? That might enable opponents to drive to the basket more. If you look at our roster we have no one that can truly block shots on consistent basis.

7. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

we have chuck hayes who can take the charge.. we also recently added pops who has IMPRESSED me with his energy hustle and yes blocks

8. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

It's going to be a long year, but I believe the Rockets can grind it out until the end. We won't be a 50 win team like last year, but I believe they will make the playoffs with a low seeding.

9. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

making the playoffs... for the record.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

top-10 lotto pick in 2010 nba draft

mark my words.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No predictions just yet. Maybe I am the killjoy but we'll see at halftime.

12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

All these people who think we won't be much worse this season must not think much of Yao (or Artest and Wafer, but that's a whole other discussion). Personally, I would think losing Yao weakens our team significantly, but I guess there are a lot of people who don't think Yao's presence has that much of an effect on our record. Surely the big man deserves a little more respect than that?

13. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

It has only been my sig since I joined last year.. :cool:

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I think we won't be a 50 win team but I think they are still capable of 40 - 44 wins this year. The reason is they have changed their style to utilize the rost they have, if they played the same style as they played with Yao except minus the presence in the middle, then yes this team is in trouble but being the good coach that he is, Adleman is adjusting the style to what fits best for what we have. So it's not dissrespect to Yao that ppl are optimistic.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'm predicting tracy to come back and be efficient, maybe not like he was prior to 07 but much better than last year. Possibly averaging an efficient 17 ppg or so. 44-38 with a 7th seed. Unfortunately it most likely will be one and out being that we either will face the lakers, spurs, or mavs in the 1st round in that case. It will be a fun year though because we are going to see some players have breakthrough seasons, I think Scola will emerge as well as brooks to become go to players for this team. Overall, I cant wait, I think we are in for a good ride, this team will still play with heart and suprise alot of people along with way.

16. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I think McGrady will come back at 80% form from two seasons ago. Mainly because this is a contract year. And any mental weakness that he's percieved to have will be easily negated by this fact. Though for the record, I don't exactly agree that McGrady is weak. He's one of 3 players (exluding Briand Cook, of course) in the league right now that has IT, the mental toughness and the will to win games. And when he does come back in December, as long as he remains healthy for his shortened season, our team will be just like it has been the previous 6 or so years, with one healthy superstar.

I predict 42-48 wins this upcoming season. It's tough to say whether that's enough to make the playoffs, but for what it's worth I always believe in this team.

Yao does mean a lot to this team (and he's my current favorite Rockets player), but I don't think he's worth the 17-20 wins that most people think he's worth.

So for the record, we'll be fighting for a playoff spot right up until the final week of the regular season as long as McGrady is healthy and playing on our team.

17. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

We'll make the playoffs, but just barely.

18. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

7th or 8th seed.

19. verse

verse Contributing Member

Call Tyson Farms. Your entree awaits...

As long as we have no one to protect the paint, we will be playing ping pong next summer. Chuck, Shane, et al taking charges do not deter good penetrators. Additionally, rebounding will sink our playoff ship as Duncan, Gasol, hell even NeNe will collect season highs in boards.

20. tested911

tested911 Member

37-39 Wins is realistic. If we do make the playoffs which will need 45+ wins then we have had a very successful season.

On a side note: I hope not everyone will drink the T-mac Koolaid when he does come back healthy and gives us 20+ ppg, 6+ ast a game 5+ redound a game. He's going to do great (because he has too its a contract year ) but I don't want to sign his A#@ to a long term contract.