1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predicting Case Keenum's First Starting Performance VS. KC Chiefs [Week 7]

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 18, 2013.

?

Case Keenum's First Starting Performance [October 20th, 2013]?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2013.
  1. Throws/Runs 0 TD's

3.9%
  2. Throws/Runs 1-3 TD's

65.4%
  3. Throws/Runs 4-6 TD's

7.0%
  4. Throws/Runs 7+ TD's

14.0%
  5. Throws a Pick-6: During his first PLAY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Throws a Pick-6: During his first DRIVE

3.1%
  7. Throws countless Pick-6's: Disaster = LOSE

2.2%
  8. Throws countless Pick-6's: Keenum somehow shows heroics = WIN

1.8%
  9. Keenum gets injured & out for the season

0.9%
  10. I don't like Case Keenum. He shouldn't be starting or playing

1.8%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I like Case and hope he does well in his career but this matchup is a tough one.

I'll give him a TD with 2 interceptions in a loss.

I'm hoping I'm dead wrong.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Ok, now you're just being unrealistic. ;)

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's magic when a Texans QB is able to elude a defensive lineman. Much like a Loch Ness Monster sighting.

4. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

17-23 1 td 1 int 230 yards.

Texans win 17-13

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

4 passing and 3 rushing tds. Throws for 400 yds and runs for 95 yds.
    :)

Realistically, probably 150 yds and 1 td

#25 RedNation, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  6. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

Case goes for 2 TD 1 INT for 250 yards while Foster runs for 100 yards with 1 TD

TeXans WiN
    27-24

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There is no way Schaub starts in Indy if Keenum plays well and the Texans win...absolutely no way, not even with Kubiak as coach.

8. Nero

Nero Member

Umm.. ok.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but.

Look, I like Keenum as much as everyone else, and frankly, I believe Schaub has to go, he just can't do the job any more. A change of scenery will probably do him a world of good. I am also pretty convinced that Kubiak needs to turn play-calling over to someone else, same way that Garrett in Dallas turned that over to Callahan. Kubiak just can't call plays any more, people know his tendencies too well and he doesn't seem to be able to re-invent himself.

Having said all that..

You all DO realize that KC has the most difficult defense for ANY qb to play against, and they are AT HOME, where they are even more deafening than Seattle.

I like Keenum.. you don't set the records he set and perform like he performed without being a good quarterback.

But this is going to be a nightmare.

Texans are going to get SLAUGHTERED, and probably the best thing we can hope for is that we don't lose anyone to an injury.

Oh and by the way, someone needs to wake up Wade because our defense has SUCKED at stopping teams on crucial plays and in the red zone.

Kind of important.

I just hope Keenum isn't too scarred by the thrashing he is going to take on Sunday.

The good news is, it can only get better from here on out - this is starting him out in the worst possible way, so maybe that's a good thing.

1 person likes this.
  9. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

The Cheifs are not the 85 bears. calm down. We need to run the ball and pick our spots to throw. Keep the game close.

10. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

You know your season is in the drain when there is excitement about Case freaking Keenum starting.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well I bet he battlefights!

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You act like this is the 79 Steelers we're going up against.

They're a good team, but let's not forget that they haven't played a single team over .500 this year. And they've already played 2 teams that could very well go 0-16. Look at their schedule and show me one win that makes you say "wow, these guys are for real!" Their 1 point win over the 3-3 cowboys? Their win over the titans who were playing their backup QB?

Their whole offense is basically Jamal Charles and their defense is susceptible to the run.

I'm not predicting a win, but it's not exactly going to be the biggest upset in NFL history if we do.

Sheesh...

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yup, Texans probably never saw this coming. NOT IN THEIR WILDEST DREAMS! :)p)

Schaub is gonna go down the ****ter and not only go down the ****ter but then get hurt too?! And T.J. Yates sucks it up and we're forced to go to our third string guy?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ocV5bGHdYag?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just win win win

Rocket River

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't know, man - on pace for 82 sacks (which would be a league record) and 48 turnovers... talk about bad match-ups. Add a rookie QB in that environment and.......... I think it's going to be ugly. Hope not, of course. But I think the delusional Casemania has blinded quite a few folks to reality. He has his work cut out for him.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

on the one hand, all of that is true. unfortunately, they're about to play another team that isn't over .500 and who is playing their backup backup qb.

17. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Throwing/Running 7+ TDs

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Which is why I'm not predicting a win.

From the chiefs prospective, Keenum isn't even the backup QB, he's the backup to the backup QB. I'm sure they are licking their chops and already penciling this in as a win.

That being said, their biggest weakness just happens to be stopping something that we excel at - running the football. If our running game and defense show up and Case just plays okay, we have a shot.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

He will shock the world! You are going to see some "sizzle" in the Texans QB situation for the first time in their history. Unless Kubiak has him handing off every time or the KC defenders knock him out of the game. Both are risks. I have seen him make some circus completions, falling to the ground and almost there. He can be very exciting.

Also, so many of you are claiming that he broke all those records against inferior competition (not entirely true: OKState in Stillwater, Penn State, etc.), but what no one has brought up is that he has NEVER had this level of talent to work with. If he did really well driving a Chevy, how will he do driving a Ferrari?

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

He will only start after the bye week, if he plays amazingly great, like happened with Kaepernick and Smith.

well im predicting: 15-27, 195 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, very similar numbers to Yates stats in his first start with the Texans.