1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict who the Rockets will pick at #25 in the 2014 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Matador, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Matador

Matador Member

A few expert picks include:

Yahoo: 25. Houston Rockets: C.J. Wilcox, SG, Sr., Washington. One of the best spot-up shooters in the draft. Wilcox's dangerous shooting touch could be a valuable floor-spacer to help free up room down low for Dwight Howard. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nba-mock-draft-3-141608584--nba.html

CSN Houston (Wexler) 25 Houston Rockets - Jusuf Nurkic, C, Bosnia - Presuming Omer Asik gets moved, Rockets will tap the international market for a Dwight Howard backup, although the 19-year-old Nurkic might not be in the NBA next season. http://www.csnhouston.com/basketball-houston-rockets/talk/2014-nba-mock-draft-version-30

ESPN Chad Ford 25. Houston - K.J. McDaniels The Rockets could use more length and athleticism at the wing position. McDaniels was impressive in his workout in Houston and fits the sort of criteria they are looking for in a wing defender. Glenn Robinson III and Jerami Grant are other possibilities here. (don't have a link as its an insider article)

NBAdraft.net Tyler Ennis http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

nba.com 25. ROCKETS, Kyle Anderson, UCLA, SF, 6-9, 230

He can handle the ball for a forward, is versatile, has good size and a nice feel for the game. A lack of athleticism that will hurt his ability to create and defend, though, and some teams see the possible future role as a point forward oversold because NBA defenses will take away a lot of what made him effective in college. http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/06/19/2014-mock-draft-projections-after-embiid-injury/index.html

The Sporting News : 25. Houston Rockets: Thanasis Antetokounmpo, SF, D-League; Front-office executives continue to be impressed with Antetokounmpo’s motor, and he showed his athleticism in Chicago. What is becoming increasingly clear is that he has developed into a reliable 3-point shooter. That puts him right in Daryl Morey’s wheelhouse.

Fox news 25. HOUSTON ROCKETS - CLINT CAPELA, Switzerland

The Rockets will need to either trade this pick or draft and stash since they want as much money as possible to try and woo LeBron James, Love or Carmelo Anthony. Capela is the best stash candidate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well the expert picks are all over the place with no consensus picking at 25. I agree with Wexler that ideally it would be nice to get a back up big with Asik presumably on the block and no other good back-ups for Howard. Although picking at 25 they may have to just go with the best available player regardless of position.

2. cdastros

cdastros Member

Damien Inglis looks like a SF/PF that Morey covets. He is 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan and big hands. Plus he is 240 LBs at the age of 19. He can rebound pass and shoot a little. He reminds me of Boris Diaw.

3. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I would love Capela...he has huge upside, but I see him going in the top 18. Thanasis will probably go in the early 2nd round IMO. One name i keep seeing is Jordan Adams. I think he would be a nice fit as a backup SG behind Harden. However, if I was to guess what the rockets would do, I would say it would be CJ Wilcox. He fits our system/style of play too well to pass up.

4. ironariza

ironariza Member

all are far worse than Kristaps Porzingis

pity

this is life

5. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Kinda hoping for Jusuf Nurkic- I like his mobility and over all skill set for a big. The kid needs maybe one more year overseas before being NBA ready, because I have never heard of the league he plays in. Some people think he may go higher than 25. Hope OKC does not get him at 21

In the second round I'm hoping for C J Fair or Thanasis Antetokounmpo. Fair is a talented four year college player who has been a consistent go to scorer and all around player against some of the best competition in the country. I think he will be under the radar because of the younger talent in this draft. Also, in case we have to give up our future like Covington or Jones or D.Mo in free agency, some one like Fair can step right in to our bench and not give up anything offensively.

Thanasis Antetokounmpo is the greek freaks brother. From what I have seen of him he has the potential be a great defensive wing player and is very athletic. Offensively he is streaky but I see him a role player. Think Tony Allen type with much better offense.

#5 ballplayer, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Tyler Ennis or Spencer Dinwiddie, thats my guess an I hope team does good scouting as I do

7. Swag

Swag Member

tyler ennis or russ smith

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Either KH McDanails or CleAnthony Early

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

KJ*

Stupid fat thumb...

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Cleanthony Early

11. awc713

awc713 Member

Trick question. We're trading it

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feeling the same, we need to package this pick in order to trade Lin.

13. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Revised since Jusuf Nurkic is now expected to be a lottery pick I predict Clint Capela to be a stash guy and work out with Dwight and Hakeem in the summers until he ready and get his body stronger..

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Russ Smith reminds me of Sam Cassell

15. atwood

atwood Member

Cleanthony Early

16. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

Ennis or Early.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Pick will be traded, we won't select anyone.

18. rocketblood713

Rockets trading it

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jonathan Givony@DraftExpressHouston (#25) & Phoenix (#27) have both made their picks available in exchange for future firsts, sources say. Likely go int'l otherwise.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If we pick a non-international player, then we are picking for someone else.