1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the Texans Win Total 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cwebbster, Aug 22, 2016.

?

What range of wins will we get this year?

1. 10+ wins

60.6%
  2. 7 to 9 wins

35.8%
  3. 4 to 6 wins

2.4%
  4. 1 to 3 wins

1.2%
  1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A 11-5 record, that is my prediction.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

You can't ignore the fact that those games were blowouts. I don't think it would have been bad if it was a one score game. Just like I don't think it will be bad if they lose to the Patriots by a less than 7 points next Thursday. For example, the Texans lost to the Colts 27-20 on a Thursday night last season. Yes, prime time game. No one even remembers that game.

I don't think anyone on this board predicted or expected a loss. Even so, if they lose on Sunday. We can't blame it on the QB. The narrative will be "new QB, still can't beat the chiefs", "no Justin Houston, no Jamaal Charles, Houston still has a problem", "maybe the QB was not the problem, maybe it was the coach". Not to mention if they lose to the Patriots, their record will be 2-1. Not bad. Right after a loss to KC, 1-1.

Aside from the Vikings, all those losses were against legit teams.

[/quote]
    You bring up a point that I was going to bring up. Losing to KC at HOME is worse than losing on the ROAD after a short week to one of the best teams in the league.

I can't totally predict how fans will react but if I had to pick one loss of the two, I'm picking the Patriots.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Actually, you were in the middle of it, too. Man, whatever happened to some of those posters?...

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

I made some valid points, didn't I? lol

That post was after the Colts game though. A whole week after the Patriots loss.

5. Hey Now!

You have to wade around in the thread... here was, for me, the money shot.
    Not to pick on rezdawg - but that sentiment permeates the entire thread. I'm telling you - fans are OBSESSED with prime time games.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "fans WERE obsessed with prime time games"?

I mean, I fully remember that narrative, but it's one that has seemingly gone away in the years since.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I ain't got the time to Wade through that Bull.

With all the argument, Schaub was the QB for the best regular season this team has ever had. Also, no QB has taken them further in the playoffs than he has. Hopefully both get broken this season.

I will give you this about losing to KC and beating NE. The short week afterwards; not enough time to dwell in the misery.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Two down. Fowteeein to go.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If I told you that would happen in April, you might think 5-0 start for Texans. But does anyone really like them as a SB contender yet?</p>&mdash; Scott Kacsmar (@FO_ScottKacsmar) <a href="https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/777855656783142912">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2016 Texans<br>vs. KC without Charles &amp; Houston<br>vs. NE (Wk 3) without Brady &amp; Gronk (Jacoby?)<br>vs. MIN (Wk 5) without Teddy &amp; Peterson (?)</p>&mdash; Scott Kacsmar (@FO_ScottKacsmar) <a href="https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/777855422199922688">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

10. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Someone tell Scott Kacsmar then that means Cardinals are not contenders. Packers are not contenders. Titans, Dolphins, and Chargers we already know aren't contenders.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

And that means if we beat the Number 1 Patriots we should move up into top 3 I bet. But of course it will be talked about as beating an easy Pats team.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Further? No. but just as far? Yeah, TJ Yates did that.

15. Hey Now!

Well, yeah - they didn't play many the past few years and/or the team hasn't been appreciably good.

16. Buck Turgidson

And as long as they win their conference they'll be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs!

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash">#Vikings</a> RB Adrian Peterson has told <a href="https://twitter.com/FitzBeatSr">@FitzBeatSr</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson">@JosinaAnderson</a> he’s having his meniscus repaired — not trimmed. Would mean out months.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/778616109335506944">September 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Zimmer Matt Kalil is on injured reserve.</p>&mdash; Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/778629721462493184">September 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

#157 Commodore, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wish the word "narrative" was banned from all discussion. People use it as a way to hand wave away opinions they don't like

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

My vote looking better every day.

Feel free to roll out the excuses tho.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really. I mean, after this weekend they'll have 3 wins, you picked 4-6 wins, even without Watt for the rest of the season, there's very little chance of that even as a worst case scenario.