1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict Houston 2016-17 Lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jun 11, 2016.

1. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Noah - Capela - Smith
    Motiejunas - Beasley - Harrel
    Fournier - Ariza - Dekker
    Harden - Brewer - McDaniels
    Beverley - Ish - Ulis

Or ideally, I'd trade Capela, Beverley, Ariza for Teague

Noah - Smith - Harrel
    Motiejunas - Beasley - Jones
    Fournier - Dekker
    Harden - Brewer - McDaniels
    Teague - Ish - Ulis

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

What ever line up they do put out there, its gonna be reviewed, and hated here about million times. Ive lost faith in real rosters, the idea of bring over players like Carmelo Anthony with harden is just like the Pippen to Dream senario. Its ridiclous ideal, and there alot of trade suggestions here that are just plain stupid.

I know people say well you dont watch basketball, and your not black or whatever, but i do know that who ever gonna be on that floor gonna have to find players who contain there big shooters, so i think houston needs to find players who can do that, as well shoot better than the other team they play. Good luck on this roster, and whatever, hopefully harden can work with who ever is on that court.

I know that if you throw around some of these suggested trades other cities would laugh at your feasible trades, because houston is hated almost everywhere around the league. It has something to do with the prick basketball community, im not saying all you but you know who you are..

3. Sanity2disChaos

/\/\/\/\ who are they

4. Sanity2disChaos

You're not black. OMG

5. StrawberryJamm

James Harden
    E'twaun Moore(guards PG)
    Trevor Ariza
    Marvin Williams
    Clint Capela

Switch 1-4 on Defense to guard the perimeter, gang rebound, run, Harden/Capela pick and roll, launch 3's

Would need alot out of Harden and Capela, but could be a really good team while maintaining max cap room for 2017.

6. Chamillionaire

I really do like E'twaun Moore. 3&D guy. I think he shot 45% from the 3 last year. We really need 4 guys that can shoot around Harden if we're gonna be PnR opponents to death.

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Bev is a good 3 & D player

8. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Conley/Augustin
    Harden/Crabbe
    Batum
    D-Mo/Mirza
    Capela/Speights

MDA squad of sorts.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's actually a very good team. It's not sexy but if we get harden of 14/15 we could give GS a run for there money in a seven game series.

The last two rounds have shown GS flaws. Klay and curry there two best players arnt nearly as good when they are forced to put the ball on the floor after you run them off the 3 point line. It take dicipline but it can be done.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Llull / Beverley
    Harden / McDaniels
    Ariza / Dudley
    DMo / Beasley
    Capela / ??

That looks kinda like an MDA team to me. The major question going into last season was did we have enough shooting at the forward spots. The answer was a resounding no. Adding Dudley and/or Marvin Williams would allow us to maintain spacing with several different lineups. Both are also solid defenders.

The 2nd issue was the lack of ball handlers other than Harden. We all though Lawson was a solution...oh well. I really think this is the year of Llull. If you ignore the rhetoric and focus on the facts, this year makes more sense than any before it for Llull to join the team.

I see us getting creative at center. Lots of options this summer, and it feels like the league is starting to undervalue big guys.

Lastly, the main thing missing from this group is a 2nd star. If the Rockets can't get Durant or Horford, I see them moving on to next year's free agency rather than giving big contracts to B+ guys like Conley or Batum.

11. fattz

fattz Member

I understand your point of view, but we need players like Conley, Batum or Parsons to make it work, IMO. B+ talent is our main area of need. We need to draft it or trade for it but we need better talent that what we have.

A health DMo at center is B+ think Vlade Divac. He is going to have to be paired with a rebounding machine / shot blocker. Draft Pascal Siakam out of New Mexico State.

Beasley is a B+ sixth man that is his role nothing more or less he is a sixth man

Trade Bev's & Capela talents to Boston & the Buck for 31, 35, 36 & 38, plus our 37 & 43 mine the top of the second round for gems. DM should hit on something with this flat draft.

Sign Conley

Then fill in with promising rookies to go with the new coach.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Capela
    Durant
    Ariza
    Harden
    Conley

13. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

George Hill
    James Harden
    CJ Miles
    Dmo
    Capela

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Conley
    Harden
    Durant
    Horford
    Whiteside

15. Ryris

Ryris Member

Bob sura/Steve Francis
    Luther head/ Kevin Martin
    Steve Novak/ Jim Jackson
    Chuck wagon/kelvin Cato
    Ming Yao/ Brad Miller

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have space to add TWO max contracts, and your line up looks good but there is not even ONE max signing on it (Dudley or Llull will not be max guys).

Option A:

Harden/Llull (or Wade Baldwin, trade Bev & Ariza for low lottery/mid 1st rounder)
    Batum/Brewer
    Dudley/Raphiael Putney
    D-Mo/Beasley/Harrell
    Noah/D-Mo/Smoove (or Zhou Qi)

Option B:

Harden/Brewer
    Eric Bledsoe (trade Bev-Dekker-Capela for Blesoe) / Russ Smith
    Ariza/Thon Maker
    Deng/Beasley/Harrell
    Whiteside/D-Mo/Joel Bolomboy

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Not that any of our stuff is unlikely, but isn't this virtually impossible? Horford, Durant and Whiteside are likely to get max aren't they?

18. StrawberryJamm

He probably did it on purpose, It's easily arguable that paying the max to anyone outside of Lebron or Durant destroys any hope of putting together a team that can contend for a title for the length of that contract. Trying to compete while maintaining flexibility and max room for 2017 may be the right move.

19. dmoneybangbang

KJ/Lou Williams
    Harden/Snell/KJ
    Ariza/Beasley/Snell/KJ
    DMo/Harrell/Beasley/Ariza
    Capela/DMo/Harrell

Interesting roster that may max at the WCF but more likely second round optimistically. DMo ends up on 2-year 12.5million/yr deal with a team option on the second year. Still able to maintain flexibility for next offseason when there will be a better crop of free agents and more automatic cap space.

I don't see the point in joining the craziness for anyone but the guy(s) we truly want. I'd rather kick a can than settle.

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Damn. I wish.. Imagine the ticket sales roflmao.. 82-0