1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Predict End of Season Starting Lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bread and budin, Aug 11, 2012.

1. bread and budin

Feel free to include potential trades (probably best to limit that to realistic things happening)

Im going -

C -Asik stays as starter all season, Moti is closing in due to his offense only (were all probably screaming for him to start at this point)
    PF -Wild Card Royce White breaks the starting lineup a little after the allstar break.
    SF - Parsons nuff said
    SG - Lamb starts after we trade Martin off for someone like a barbosa
    PG - Linsanity. Id like to have Machado running the 2nd unit, I like his potential to control pace and run a 2nd string. Well need him to be vocal on both sides of the floor

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lin
    Martin
    Parsons
    Jones
    Asik

1 person likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Interesting that you have Jones in there. I agree with you. But no way Martin is still on this team come March.

Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    Jones
    Asik

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

Most likely it will be this.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Ibaka
    Asik

Lol. Jk

Lin
    Martin
    Parsons
    Ppat
    Asik

6. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Does anyone know Dmo's actual height w/shoes on? His wingspan? His standing reach?

7. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Go to draftexpress. Great stuff there

8. rockets11champs

C asik/ dmo
    PF al Jefferson/ tjones/royce
    SF Parsons/ Morris/ forbes
    SG Lamb/ burks
    PG Lin/ machado

Trade Kmart, Shaun Livingston, patpat for Al Jefferson + Alec burks

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

No way White beats out DMo. I think DMo will beat out Patterson in camp for the starting PF position. Lin, Martin, Parsons, and Asik will round out the starters. Now if more moves occur, who knows.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

That's the 1st place I looked. Didn't see it. I saw 7'0", but it didn't mention if this is shoes or not.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I don't know how this is relevant to the thread, but we can only verify his height as it was measured around the same, more then one time, in two different venues.

He was measured at 7'0 without shoes in 2009 at the Nike Hoop Summit and measured "over 7 feet barefoot" in the Sixers workout in 2011 right before the draft.

Also in the 2009 Nike Hoop Summit he measured with a 6'11 wingspan. But you gotta take into account that he was only 18yrs old at the time. His arms could have grown since then.

There's nothing about his standing reach. Although if I'm guessing its over 9'0 given his height...

12. Jman713

Jman713 Member

What will:
    Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    Jones
    Asik
    What I want:
    Lin
    Lamb
    Parson
    White
    D-mo

13. QazQay

QazQay Member

Unfortunately because DMO is international we don't have the full measurements for him with barefoot height, wingspan, etc.. However, several reports put him at possibly a bit taller than 7'0 in shoes. However, he has a long neck and short arms (don't know exact length though) so his standing reach is probably much shorter than the average NBA seven footer.

14. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

It's only relevant because I was wondering if Dmo had potential to be a greater shot blocker/defender than he currently appears to be. Your info suggests that the physical attributes are definitely there. He doesn't suffer from short-arm syndrome. He just needs some coaching and further strength training.

Who knows - if he can put on some weight and make some progress defensively, he may challenge Asik for starting Center. Thus the tread tie-in ;)

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't see anybody challenging Asik for starting center. I think that is his position to lose.

16. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I don't see it happening immediately either, but if Asik continues to struggle offensively (butter fingers, etc), while Dmo improves his strength, weight, and defensive skills, it might make sense in the future.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I can see were your coming from, but Donatas has never been much of a shot blocker or the last line of defense type of guy. It's just not in his nature. In all honesty he's game is best suited for the PF position given his finesse style of play. But he can give you minutes at the five position in uptempo lineup.

Personally I'd prefer to groom D-Mo as our starting 4 next to Asik, given Asik's inability to score. D-Mo's advance offensive arsenal will be very much needed in our starting front line .

-----------------------------------------

To answer the thread, my starting lineup by the end of the season...
    Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    Motiejunas
    Asik

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

There is a lot more to offense than making shots. Asik sets good screens and grabs offensive rebounds, those all contribute to the teams offense. As long as Asik continues to be the defensive stud that he is I think it is his job for a long long time. And as long as he can catch a lob pass his "butter fingers" should be fine. Tyson Chandler has mad butter fingers as well he does well for himself. It is up to the pg to know where is comfortable with the ball and to set Asik up to be successful as much as he can.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lin,Lamb,Parsons,D-Mo,Asik

20. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

lin
    lamb
    parsons
    jones
    asik