1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Power of clutchfans i need your help to promote my new app

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by got em COACH, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

QFT... make it on the iphone though.

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Actually, I hate to say it but I think the bad reviews are warranted. The permissions your app is requesting are beyond unnecessary

[​IMG]

#22 Scionxa, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

But to cuss me out and leave bad reviews when i told you guys about the ads is uncalled for. I came here for help but i guess i made a mistake. Last time i'll ever ask for it here. For every good apple there will always be one bad one.

If anything that guy probably trash my account and all my work will be gone. Guess he like to put me out of a job just because he doesn't like how all the developer are going down this route to make a living.

4. Scionxa

How will your work be gone? That's not the way a Google Play Developer account works. You didn't violate any TOS. In fact, you can respond to comments now

Edit: I forgot that requesting for ratings is a violation.

#24 Scionxa, Jun 25, 2012
  5. got em COACH

Well they took it off the market and now my account is being under review. Power to the clutchfans

NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPEL. MY app got taken down for rating an application multiple times, or by offering incentives to users to rate an application with higher or lower ratings.

#25 got em COACH, Jun 25, 2012
  6. YaosDirtyStache

Well, as much as I enjoy you sir, your app was asking for a bit too many permissions which leads me to think there is something afoot. I didnt rate you neg though, I wouldnt do that. But be careful to make an app that wants to dig a bit too deep and inconvenience its clientele.

7. got em COACH

it didn't got taken down for spam ads but for asking for 5 star rating. My mistake live and learned

#27 got em COACH, Jun 25, 2012
  8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Wow that sucks.good luck bro

9. Scionxa

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. They will probably give you a warning and restore. If not, developer accounts are only $20 lol

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Actually, I never gave your app a rating at all, nor did I tell Google anything. I'm much too lazy to do any of that.

However, I did tell reddit about it. You're free to defend yourself there.

It's funny you act like your mistake is coming here and asking for high ratings. No, your mistake was using push notification ads and permissions that drain battery from unsuspecting users. Maybe if you didn't make shady apps, you wouldn't have these sorts of troubles. I'm all for developers making money, but not through shady, under-handed techniques. "Other people do it!" Yeah, $%#@ them, too.

You basically tried to get people to rate your malware 5 stars so, hopefully, you could make some money off unsuspecting victims. I'm surprised people actually feel bad for you.

#30 Depressio, Jun 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seems very shady, a silly app to generate hidden $$$ by preying on people that don't know better, shame on you.

DD

1 person likes this.
  12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So you're depressiown? :D

13. Depressio

Maybe?

14. reasonable_guy

reasonable_guy New Member

I want to punch this guy in the face so hard.
    It's like he doesn't think there's anything wrong with those ads and doing what he's doing to make the app popular.
    And it's illegal because it violates what you agreed to when uploading apps to the market. Neither google nor apple (seriously? Apple? its a live wallpaper on the android market) approved it as there is no approval system. Thank you, google, for taking it down accordingly.
    No, knowing that Redditors are reasonable, your account probably won't be trashed. All work will certainly not be gone even if it is. And we're not trying to put you out of a job, just trying to remove your ****ty malware from the play store.
    AND NOT ALL ****ING DEVELOPERS ARE GOING DOWN THAT ROUTE. I have not yet met another developer who uploads malware to the play store, posts it on a forum and asks people to rate it 5/5, and then acts like an annoying entitled little **** in the comments when it gets taken down for violating the rules.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

lol That's hilarious :grin:

16. Scionxa

Damn, front page of r/android already.

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

So, wait, what was this? A picture of a Jesus statue with a ripple effect? And it had ads? Is that normal for a Live Wallpaper?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cheap way to prey on the unsuspecting Christians -that are not tech savvy, very crappy way to make a living.

Slimy.

DD

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

[​IMG]

20. Depressio

Yeah, #1 on r/android now. If nothing else, reddit enjoys a good pitchforking. I just wanted to show them how ridiculous this guy was being... I probably should've known they'd go to town on him.

#40 Depressio, Jun 25, 2012