1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Lottery Draft Pick Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by allanivan, Apr 20, 2012.

1. allanivan

allanivan Member

So Basically with current NBA standing, assume the lottery result will stay with its winning percentage. I found the percentage on ESPN Lottery Draft Machine.

Which teams are willing to trade their lottery pick to us based on their needs and the player(Assets) we are able to offer. I am just excited for this upcoming offseason and draft. We all want a change I assume.
    1. Bobcats 25%
    2. Wizards 19.9%
    3. Hornets 15.6%
    4. Kings 11.9%
    5. Cavaliers 8.8%
    6. Trail Blazers 5.4%
    7. Raptors 5.3%
    8. Jazz 2.8%
    9. Pistons
    10. Hornets
    11. Trail Blazers
    12. Bucks
    13. Our own
    14. Jazz
    I am not sure if this is the most updated percentage with current team records. Well lets just put in some different scenarios and discuss.:grin: I just need some new things to help myself get over this sad losing streak.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

PG(Lowry)
    Hornets
    Kings
    Trailblazers
    Raptors

SG(Martin)
    Celtics

3. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I think the only team we have a chance to trade lowry to is the blazers. I really dont see any of those other teams giving up a high pick in one of the best drafts in a while for a solid point guard whos reached his ceiling.

4. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

or possibly the jazz

5. allanivan

allanivan Member

I do agree with you that it will be really hard for the top 5 teams to give up their pick considering this is a deep draft and what we can offer. That's why I listed all the lottery picks, I think we have chances from 7-12, of course, the lower pick it is, the high chances it will be. Jazz's 8th pick is very possible considering they already has a lot of young players and Lowry or Martin can be the center piece of the trade.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If portland stays at 6, they would be ideal. Lowry for the 6th pick seems more than fair value, plus portland stated that they will be looking to trade the picks to upgrade the the team. So, could very well happen.

7. allanivan

allanivan Member

That will be awesome, Bradly Beal I am thinking...:grin:

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Let's hope we can at least get a pick in the 6-10 area because another 13/14th pick is a waste.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Whenever I think about trades I try to put myself in the other teams shoes. Why would they do the deal? Most people on here don't and most trade ideas on here are stupid because of that.

So ask yourself if you are Portland would you give up a high draft pick for Lowry if you knew you could get Dragic for free. Of course not. Portland does need a pg but they will go hard after Dragic. If we beat them to it than they will consider a trade. But only if they can't sign Dragic. And they won't know that till after the draft. So unless there is some kind of signal from Dragic that he will not be signing with them before the draft expect Portland to keep their picks.

10. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I think the Kings and Toronto consider a deal that is Lowry plus a pick. If you are the Kings would you rather have a player like Drummond or Lowry and Sullinger/Jones.

11. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I think Lil Isaiah Thomas's rise kinda makes it tough to deal a pg to them but ya never know!

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

True, but I don't think they can really rely on someone that is 5'9 to be the pg of the future.

13. allanivan

allanivan Member

U've got a good point right there. I think Rockets need to put out their attitude up front toward Dragic and Lowry, and I don't think we are able to keep both. However, nobody knows what Morey is thinking, logically, we should try hard to keep Dragic and promise him the starting point guard position because he is better or has more potential than Lowry(However you want to say it). Lowry is going to be available on draft night and see what happens.
    Me personally, I'd like to try with lower picks from 9-12, both Portland and hornets will have two lottery draft picks and they may consider to trade the lower one.

14. allanivan

allanivan Member

I think toronto will be a possible team, they have a lot of young talent players and they probably need Lowry to lead the team, and Calderon is playing great this season, he is just old enough for team to choose another direction.

15. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

By the way, right now we would have the 12th pick according to League standings per ESPN :confused: Doesn't make sense to me but I'll take it :)
    It's in the Rockets best interest to lose all games now! When was the last time a team lost the last 9 games of the season? Must be a record ;)

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/1

Utah 33 30
    Milwaukee 29 33
    Houston 32 31
    Detroit 23 40
    Portland 28 35
    New Jersey 22 41
    Minnesota 26 38
    Toronto 22 41
    Golden State 22 39
    Cleveland 20 41
    Sacramento 20 42
    Washington 16 46
    New Orleans 20 43
    Charlotte 7 54

16. conquistador#11

so let me get this, you guys say we have crap all over our roster, but other teams are supposed to give us top five picks and "stars"? very interesting.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Lowry will be a lot cheaper. Not much difference in production.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The thing with Portland is they have their own RFA in Batum that they have to match a contract for. Are they going to offer Dragic a bloated contract under that scenario? Let's say they offer Dragic $10 mil per and get him. Then Batum is dangling there. Some other team offers Batum $10 mil per. Now what does Portland do??

The new CBA is going to restrict large contract offers. I will be surprised if Goran is offered a starting salary of more than $8 mil. And if Portland does offer him big money, they risk losing Batum if somebody else wants to overpay. I suspect their first priority is to retain Batum. Then if they can get him for the right price, it gives them a little more latitude with bidding on Goran.

Odds are, if we don't get DWill, we will re-sign Goran and trade Kyle.

19. yxx1218

yxx1218 Member

Yes the pick rules this season is special,we may finally get the #12!!!

20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Jazz will most likely have zero picks. It appears warriors will get to keep their pick top 7 and if jazz make playoffs (also likely) they have to give their pick to wolves