1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post your top 5-10 power rankings for next season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by onetwo88, Jun 21, 2002.

1. onetwo88

onetwo88 Member

Post your top 5-10 teams for next season, in order

I'm thinking:

Kings, Lakers, Mavericks, Blazers, Nets, Celtics

2. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Magic, Pistons, Bulls, Celtics, Nets, and Mavericks on that order

surprising to me too:D

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Lakers King Mavs Spurs rockets:D

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Kings
    Spurs
    Lakers
    Mavs
    Blazers
    Nets
    Bucks
    Wolves
    Rockets
    Raptors

Couple of notes: since the power rankings I assume are for the start of the regular season, the Lakers are never a dominant team in the regular season. The Kings were better in the regular season this year, and there's no real reason for that to change. (They were better in the playoffs too, but I think we've had enough threads on that ;)) The Spurs and Lakers could go either way (they were tied this year) but at least in the regular season the edge has to go to SA. This year, they had six new players, a hurt David Robinson, and still managed to tie the Lakers in overall record. If they're relatively healthy, they have a leg up. The Rockets may seem high here, but if they're healthy with Mo Taylor, a bulked up Eddie Griffin, and Yao Ming up front, there's no reason they can't eclipse the Sonics and Jazz. I'd guess that many will put the Mavs at the top, but I still think that's a little high with the current rosters. There's not that much more that they can grow from within... they absolutely must have a defensive intimidator and banger in the low post. Before they approach the Kings, they still have to knock off the Spurs in the Midwest, something they haven't been able to do the last two years...

The East again is weak, but I still think the Bucks make a return to the top of the conference. This year was a little bit of a fluke, as most people know. Yeah, they did choke, but they're not THAT bad as their record in the final weeks indicated. Just like positive chemistry can make you unbeatable, if it is negative it can make it a struggle just to play the games. That's what it looked like for the Bucks. I doubt it happens again, and they have too much talent not to win a lot of games in a weak conference. Same for the Raptors, if Vince Carter stays healthy.

5. mfclark

mfclark Member

Sacramento
    LA Lakers
    Dallas
    San Antonio
    Orlando
    New Orleans
    Boston
    Minnesota
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia

The west will dominate the top again, at least during the regular season, but the East will have many of the teams right behind it....the West isn't nearly as deep past the top 4 as the East is really 1-6 or 1-8.

6. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kings
    Lakers
    Mavs
    Spurs
    Wolves
    Nets
    Celtics
    Bucks
    Rockets