1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post your grocery bill

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by codell, Jan 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

About $30 a week at McDonalds, $60 a week at Whataburger, and $50 a week at Chipotle for my healthy eats.

Then there's the occasional $150 meal at Papadeaux.

:grin:

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My mental image of you just changed. Horizontally.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

S/O and myself. Around $200/Week. Mainly due fruit/greens/protein for our daily juices or smoothies. Also only buy only grass fed meat, lots of chicken and fish, red meat maybe once a week. Quit Kroger, turned ghetto. I'm now HEB only. Loathe Whole Foods. Better prices, very clean store, lots of eye candy and almost every checkout line is always open unlike Ghetto Kroger. Eat out every Friday or Saturday night and once a weeknight.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Me and the SO drop about 500 bucks at Costco a month. This typically includes a few things that don't qualify as groceries, but that's the roundabout.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Family of 4. Spend about $225 every 2 weeks at HEB. Expecting that to skyrocket as my boys become teens...

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I kid... :grin:

My wife does the grocery shopping so I have no idea what she spends. I'd say it's on the low end though, there's always a lot of Great Value and Kroger Brand stuff in the pantry.

7. trigun333

trigun333 Member

Wife and me spend about 60 a week at Kroger only no coupons.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's alright

9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Wife and 2 girls - I take $120 cash to Walmart every week - can't go over, so we make a grocery list and stick to it. I add it up as I shop and if I have money left after I finished the list, then I buy things I want like snacks and beer..but only if I have money left. We stick to a tight monthly budget.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Family of 6. Probably around $150-200 per week. What I was a young, I found I could live well on $10/day even with my girlfriend/wife. I still think about that standard when I shop, though obviously it's impossible to hit still.

I like to go to the HEB of Buffalo Speedway, but there are probably a dozen grocery stores closer to my house. The closest store is Kroger, but it sucks so freaking bad I get depressed walking around in there. If I don't have time for the drive, or just need a quick item, I'll go to the Foodorama, which I like alright.

11. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Me and roommate spend $150/wk at Kroger, no coupons. Mainly produce, meat and dairy. Make breakfast and lunch to take to work, eat out a couple times on weekends.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Hmm I spend less than most of you all. Family of 3. $300 a month is my estimate. We used to eat out a lot, but even after cutting back on that, I think I'm around my estimate. Maybe even lower.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If I'm eating healthy $40-50 a week.

If I'm not, and eating out a lot, it could be $120 every 45 days or so

Depending on the week: Tilapia, chicken, canned veggies, fruit, juice, tea, bottled water, eggs, turkey bacon, chopped veggies, brown rice, protein shakes, almonds, salad, wheat bread and hygiene items

14. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Family of 4, kids are 4 and 5 months.

I usually shop every week since I have a flexible work schedule. We're averaging around $125 a week at the moment, and I do cook alot. Mostly dinner and breakfast, and if I'm working from home lunch.

Being in North Dallas, I usually go to the Tom Thumb right around the corner, Central Market, or my personal favorite Market Street.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Just me and GF.

Average around $70-100 a week on groceries depending on where we go. Love Costco but sometimes end up buying things we don't need so we typically stick to HEB.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Looking at my credit card statements over the past year, I average about $60 per week at restaurants and $20 in groceries. My wife and I split things fairly evenly so double that to $120/week at restaurants and $40/week in groceries for two.

I wish I could eat more homecooked food.

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Wow, all those stats are the same as mine.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Around $100 every 2 weeks or so. Pretty much stick to Trader Joe's and Sprouts. I'll get a few local things at Whole Foods but their produce is garbage most of the time. Occasionally King Soopers (Kroger)

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So I've got a family of 4, me, wife, 13 year old boy, 4 year old boy.

Usually try to stay around $180 a week. HEB mostly, Kroger sometimes.

Also - we buy a lot of consumable **** from Costco.

$55 a year for the membership, but we save that alone with all the damn medicine my wife buys there. She buys generic allergy meds, benadryl, ibuprofen, zantac, etc. A little bottle of allergy pills that are $5 for a 24 pack at Target will be like $8 for 500 at Costco.

But not only that, it always makes sense to buy in bulk on consumables with long shelf lives. Toilet paper, paper towels, spices. ****, we buy like 2 huge-ass things of Garlic Powder from Costco because we go through that like crazy.

The thing about Costco is they get you in the door and you have to stick to your shopping list because they have a lot of cool **** but it really isn't that much cheaper.

Also, don't go shopping there (or anywhere really) when you're hungry. You'll end up with a case of chocolate muffins, a 55 gallon drum of Hershey's syrup and a metric ton of Ritz Crackers.

Of course, at Costco you can go to the food court before you start shopping and feed your whole family of 4 for 8 bucks with the $1.50 hot dog and drink.

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

between 125-175 per week for three people.