1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Game Quotes on Official Rockets Site: Where did they go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mishii, Jan 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mishii

mishii Contributing Member

I used to recall that after every game that they had post-game quotes on the official Rockets homepage. Does anyone know what happened to them? I know the official site can't compete with this one, but still it was the one thing that made me go to that site. Living outside of Houston, I always appreciated them especially after a big win. It just gave you a sense of what happened during the game that a boxscore or a simple AP summary can't tell you.

2. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

I am wondering the same ting. I used to also really enjoy reading those...

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I enjoyed reading them as well. Sorry they dont post them anymore.

Face it, Rockets.com sucks. It has NO VALUE to the Rockets fan. The ONLY thing that site is good for is as a marketing tool to try to sell tickets to upcoming games and promote upcoming game promotions.

News, Articles, Interviews, behind the scenes video? Anything? Nope.

4. mishii

Seriously. The official Rockets site is quite sad. I mean compare that to the Astros official site, and it is night and day. Can't they put anything on that site of interest to the fans besides ads to buy tickets?

5. mishii

Hmm not sure if it is just coincidence or if complaining on this board helps, but they have the post-game quotes and other tidbits on the official Rockets site now.

Rockets-Magic Post Game Quotes

Post Game Quotes 01.24.05

ROCKETS HEAD COACH JEFF VAN GUNDY

(on the play of Jon Barry) "When you're missing as many points as Tracy's
    (McGrady) been (putting up) recently, to try and figure out how you're going to score, I thought Jon (Barry) did a great job, giving us a cushion early, and also when we were dead in the water in the 3rd (quarter), making those 2 big baskets late, gave us a cushion going into the 4th (quarter)."

(on what he told the team about having to play without Tracy McGrady) "Nothing...I think you underestimate professional athletes in that they think they can win no matter who's there, so do I. It's all a question of do you think you have enough to win, and I certainly do and I think they certainly do. I think we have enough to win, regardless of who plays.
    Obviously you never want to miss someone of Tracy's (McGrady) magnitude over a period of time, but in any one-game situation, like what happened with Yao
    (Ming) on New Year's, you can overcome anybody's loss in a short period of time."

(on the play of former Rocket Steve Francis now of the Orlando Magic) "I thought he had some good moments, certainly. I think it's difficult coming back, playing your first game, so certainly I think the 1st half was a little bit of an aberration. Some good defense on our part, maybe not as good a play on his, and I thought in the 2nd half he, obviously, played much, much better."

DAVID WESLEY

(on the Rockets' being able to win in Tracy McGrady's absence) "You can't let down because your scorer is out. I think we picked it up in all aspects of the game. We scored, we ran the ball, we defended, we rebounded the ball. We did what was necessary to win with him out. When he's out it puts more pressure on us to execute our offense, get the ball inside, and get our offense going.

(on guarding Steve Francis defensively) "You stay in your defensive stance and it takes determination. You have to try to stay in front as much as you can, and it helps to have people in good defensive position behind you. I can't take full credit for keeping him out of the paint.

BOB SURA

(on the Rockets' defensive philosophy against the Magic) "If you get back in transition and keep them out of the paint, they have a hard time scoring."

(on playing against the Magic twice in 5 days) "It's kind of like a playoff situation. You make some adjustments and it's tough to beat teams consecutively in this league, but tonight we played well.

(on the Rockets' progress in recent games) "We had a rough start (to the season), and bringing in David Wesley and Jon Barry, and those guys have really helped us. We're playing well and hopefully we can keep it rolling.
    We've got a deep team, and obviously with Tracy (McGrady) not being here tonight we still feel like we can play anybody even without our best player.

JON BARRY

(on the key to the win tonight) "Tonight, not having him (Tracy McGrady), we made a focus of getting the ball into the paint, and once we got in the paint we had them scrambling a little bit. We were able to get some nice pick-and-rolls, and that opened up some things for guys. Everybody was involved, and it was a great team effort."

(on his big 3-point shot in the 3rd quarter) "Again, that was a pick-and-roll, and my defender went underneath the pick. Normally, when I come off the pick I'm trying to look for someone else, and tonight they
    (Orlando) sagged on me a few times, and I was able to get a couple of jumpers in."

(on the Rockets being able to win without Tracy McGrady) "That's the NBA.
    Stuff like that just happens. You have to be professional and ready. I don't want to get used to it, I'll say that. I hope he's there in New Orleans because we need him certainly, but it feels good to get it done without him and we'll move on."

(on Ryan Bowen stepping into the starting lineup) "Ryan Bowen is a great energy player, a guy who works so hard for us, and it's always good to see him out there on the floor. "

YAO MING

(on the Rockets playing the game without Tracy McGrady) "You have to be ready for that situation. There's always the chance somebody's not going to be able to play. I just hope that his family is ok and that there's nothing wrong."

(on being the nucleus of the team without Tracy McGrady) "I just do what I'm supposed to do. I think everybody's out there playing their roles, and not going beyond what they need to do.

(on having another double-double tonight) "I just hope that I can continue to be consistent, and that I can help the consistency of the entire team.
    We have a winning record now, (so) we just have to keep moving forward."

MAGIC HEAD COACH JOHNNY DAVIS

(on the game) "It was a tough night. The first half we just couldn't put
    the ball in the basket. You have to give Houston some credit for that, but
    we weren't making the shots we normally do. By the time we got it going in
    the second half, it was too late. We didn't play well and dug ourselves too
    big a hole. We were never able to get it over the edge."

(on Steve Francis' play) "This was not a typical Steve Francis effort. He
    played hard but he missed a lot of shots that he usually makes."

(on the key to the game) "I don't know where to pin-point it but we just
    didn't play well. Houston stepped up big and played a gutsy game without
    Tracy (McGrady)."

STEVE FRANCIS

(on the game) "We came out the first half and shot a miserable 29% and
    you're not going to beat anyone in this league shooting like that. Houston
    played well even without Tracy (McGrady) and all the other guys stepped up
    and did their job."

(on returning to Houston for his first game) "I was chilling and I was
    taking my usual shots but they didn't fall. It was good to be here and I
    talked to Yao (Ming) and wished him and his team good luck. It just felt
    like another game. I thought maybe I would be even more pumped up. I am
    grateful for the ovation the fans gave me. It felt different knowing this is
    where I started and this is where I learned to play the game. You want to
    win and that is the most important thing that we want to do. They (Rockets)
    are very effective the way they play. You have to give them credit."

KELVIN CATO

(on the game) "We tried to fight back in the second half. In the first half
    we missed shots we have been making all season. We come out to try and win
    all the games we play. We just didn't make our shots."

(on Yao Ming) "Yao is really starting to come around the last few games. He
    has always been that good. He just made all his shots tonight."

HEDO TURKOGLU

(on the difference in the game without Tracy McGrady) "I don't know if we
    were taking it easy because Tracy wasn't there. You really just can't do
    that in this league. Houston was much more aggressive and they played better
    than us. We didn't shoot the ball and maybe it was one of our worst shooting
    nights of the year."