1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 101, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2012.

1. cod

cod Member

That's how most franchises do it. One year of suck then they're in the playoffs again the next season.

2. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

We have lost 7 games due to a BRUTAL schedule on the road to Stud Teams.

We are going to be fine.

Should we have found a way to win last night - Yeah - But - we were big underdogs in every game we've lost.

I guarantee our record is exactly where Morey thought it would be and he and I still feel like we are on track to being a 5-6 seed.

There is plenty of good that came out of last night's game . . . It's called defense and Defensive intensity - Alot of which is being brought in with Parsons and Sammy getting in shape.

Look for a turn around asap - as we get some home games and into a softer portion of our sched.

#122 zcity, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

,,,,,,,,or worse.

4. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Sadly I see this as the reason NBA has declined since the MJ era. The refs are so biased towards star players and the home team in general. It's not like the NFL the number #1 sport in America because anyone can beat any other team if they fail to play hard.

NBA favors the stars and letting these so called stars all play on the same team will over time kill the NBA. I for one love the Rockets but I would support another basketball league in a heartbeat if the game was judged fairly and we could get away from the star treatment.

The NBA is headed for trouble where you have really only a handful of teams in the East and West that have a real chance to win a title each year. Dallas was a fluke last year. How many fans will support the NBA when Miami starts winning multiple titles as they get their roster together it's going to happen eventually.

Refs this year have been so bad makes watching games very hard when you know they are so biased against the Rockets because we have no Stars. Even old washed up Stars get the called against our guys.

1 person likes this.
  5. houseofglass21

Aside from some of the boneheaded plays by Hill and Lowry last night I have to say that the ref's were some of the worst we've encountered. I've never seen so many blown calls or calls in favor of the Spurs.

Duncan looked like a washed up old fart out there and was getting bailed out left and right by the one black ref (forget his name) who seemed to have a hard-on for him. Like the play where the ball flew out of Duncan's hands because he lost it, but we got whistled for it. Lowry was getting hammered everytime he drove the lane with no call.
    I swear there was a goal tending by the Spurs on the last play by Parsons that wasn't called too.

It seems like we lose about 5 or 6 close games like this a year due to the ref's.

1 person likes this.
  6. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

There were a lot of bad calls for the spurs but we also got away with a few questionables.
    - the shot clock got turned off with 11.3 seconds left because they said anderson had possesion
    - i noticed a goaltend i think in overtime by dalembert for a rebound

- i think we lost because we could not make shots

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

This game was setup for the rockets to win. An old,spurs team missing one of their best playmakers flying back from milwaukee. The rockets are suppose to be the young,energetic team. Yeah, the rockets played in charlotte, but spurs started an hr behindthe rockets. Poor team with limited upside.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They lost in overtime. And the Spurs losing two straight on the road and not wanting to drop another game at home plays into it as well.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree but why play Kmart and Scola then?

DD