1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 101, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

I want our lotto pick back. It really is shameful that as a fan I'm not disappointed when we lose, knowing it brings us THAT much closer to a top 5 pick.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The refs screwed us yet again, oh well no surprise there

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Welcome to 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, etc... vintage Spurs basketball. The "difference in the game" is just a foul call away.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

3-7...ok by DM's standards. I think it's actually better than I thought. I think we're heading back to .500 ball after the next few games. Woohoo! And the wheels on the bus go round and round...

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

A lot of frustrating things about last nights game. KMarts fourth quarter play, lack of offensive production from anyone outside of Lowry/Scola late in the game, etc.

Probably the biggest for me had to be the play call with 22 seconds left in the game, down by 3, McHale calls for a two-point play. Why not a 3? Had the situation worked exactly as he planned, there would have been about 10 seconds left in the game, you'd probably have parker on the line, he'd probably hit both, and you're calling time out trying to tie the game with a three, but with less time on the clock to devise a play.

6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

It's not a guarantee that Parker makes both. Plenty of coaching staffs go for the quick two. We had two fantastic looks at a friggin lay-up and blew them both. Going for two is the right call there. It extends the game and if they blow a free throw it gives us a chance to win it.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Our offense sucks, it is one on one, and we don't have anyone that is really that great at creating their own shot.

Adelman knew this and that is why his system worked, everyone touched the ball, everyone moving, it set people up.

Right now it is pound pound pound the ball and hope Lowry can beat someone off the dribble.

Yippee...lost every close game so far...

DD

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No it isn't. Not as long as you realize:

- Most teams have to suck before getting better

- Most teams don't win titles without an elite player

- The best way to get an elite player is via the draft

- This is supposedely a loaded draft

I'm pretty sure no one around here regrets sucking in 83 to land Hakeem. Think long-term, not short-term. I hope we lose damn near every game and am quite proud to say it! We need talent!!!

9. DaDakota

But we are not sucking on purpose by developing the younger players, we are sucking due to ineptitude.

DD

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

The refs are really really really really bad this year. Especially towards the Rockets. I can not believe all the missed calls I have seen against us, yet the opposing teams get ticky tack fouls called. It is really pathetic.

11. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

Hey we all should be use to these L's by now. Its what we do. Well while we have McHale as our coach we should be expecting lots of em.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And? As long as we suck I'll be happy.

13. joesr

joesr Member

This.

If we were sucking but our youngs were getting PLENTY of time then it would be worth it, heck even more fun to watch!!

I love watching Pat play more D then Scola.

I love watching Lee out d Martin.

OMFG I loved when Parson kinda locked down KD for the first quarters.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We ran Adelman sets for a large portion of this game...

15. DaDakota

Not nearly as much as we used to...it is more of an occassional happening these days.

DD

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

The personnel is different. We went from Yao Ming, Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes to Dalembert, Parsons and Hill.

Basically, before you'd always have 2-3 really good passers to implement the system aside from the pg. Now, you only have the pg, except when Parson and T-will are playing (to a certain extent).

RA's system is tied to the players he has. The Kings right before Artest and Bonzi arrived played really soft, but when those two arrived they started playing meaner and more smash-mouth old school style of play. If RA was coaching this team you'd see a lot of the "hope the pg creates something out of nothing" plays too. Isn't this what he's doing with Rubio, and why you're leading the Rubio bandwagon? Because of his genius creating ability, which means RA is letting him iso and dominate the ball?

17. DaDakota

Ros,

I get it, I just do not like that we have devolved into a crappy system.

DD

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

:grin:

LOL.

Yep, that's it. The refs are screwing us once again. If it weren't for them, we'd be 7-3.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

At least, the effort is there. Changing the starting line-up has paid dividends.

Budinger has become a non-factor. We need Lee back.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a fan of defense though, these last 3 games have been beautiful...

We need Kevin Martin to simply play better than he has.